Leather boot restoration

I have been looking for a pair of new boots. I used Youtube to watch some reviews. As you do. Bought some Timberland's in the end.....

Stumbled across professional restorers and cobblers who post videos on the restoration of footwear. A genre of video completely new to me. I have found myself watching quite a few. I wish I had half the skills these folk do. Ended up going down this most random rabbit hole :unsure:

Thought I would share as many of us appreciate vintage gear & restoration.

I have been looking for a pair of new boots. I used Youtube to watch some reviews. As you do. Bought some Timberland's in the end.....

Stumbled across professional restorers and cobblers who post videos on the restoration of footwear. A genre of video completely new to me. I have found myself watching quite a few. I wish I had half the skills these folk do. Ended up going down this most random rabbit hole :unsure:

Fascinating, thanks for posting.
I have boots that are 20 + year's old and I have them re-soled when needed, this costs around £55.00 which seems a lot but a new pair of the same boots would set me back £220 so it's well worth it and you know that the uppers are going to be comfortable having been broken in many years ago. :)

Paul

Magic, what these guys can do! I had a pair of Panama Jack boots (Spanish I think) that I bought in the mid 90's for my first job abroad (mind you I was going to Brussels not the Himalayas so they were probably overkill!) Had them re-soled a couple of times over the years but eventually the uppers cracked where they crease - although I am sure those blokes could have fixed them! Replaced them with a pair of Italian walking boots (Grisport) which look as though they will outlast me - worn them on every rainy dog walk (every other day at the moment) for 3 years and they show little sign of wear!

Back
Top Bottom