Leather boot restoration

I have been looking for a pair of new boots. I used Youtube to watch some reviews. As you do. Bought some Timberland's in the end.....

Stumbled across professional restorers and cobblers who post videos on the restoration of footwear. A genre of video completely new to me. I have found myself watching quite a few. I wish I had half the skills these folk do. Ended up going down this most random rabbit hole

Thought I would share as many of us appreciate vintage gear & restoration.

Fascinating, thanks for posting.
I have boots that are 20 + year's old and I have them re-soled when needed, this costs around £55.00 which seems a lot but a new pair of the same boots would set me back £220 so it's well worth it and you know that the uppers are going to be comfortable having been broken in many years ago.

Paul

Magic, what these guys can do! I had a pair of Panama Jack boots (Spanish I think) that I bought in the mid 90's for my first job abroad (mind you I was going to Brussels not the Himalayas so they were probably overkill!) Had them re-soled a couple of times over the years but eventually the uppers cracked where they crease - although I am sure those blokes could have fixed them! Replaced them with a pair of Italian walking boots (Grisport) which look as though they will outlast me - worn them on every rainy dog walk (every other day at the moment) for 3 years and they show little sign of wear!