Least agressive adjustable razor

Sold mine on. Never thought it was that aggressive when compared to many lurking in the cupboard. The Ikon and the Rocnel. I found the Futur a bit misbehaving.

But hey, this game has so much choice out there and what I like is there is something to suit everyone. One man's meat is another man's poison. Beetroot and cucumber are my posions and they're not even meat.

My tuppence worth, when I first started I hankered after the future as I liked the look of it, once I had it in hand the feeling waned quickly, at the same time I had a Progress 510 which I found better in all ways, yes, maybe more "traditional" looking but I found better in the hand and during shaving.
I was never 100% about the Future's clip-on top cap holding the blade, although, there are no reports about loose blades or longevity failures of the clips it was always in the back of my mind. I did not find the Future aggressive but it was very cumbersome on the top lip, it was one of my first razors I sold on, it was not in the Den too long, it will never be reinstated.
The Progress gave me a lot more confidence and it got me on the adjustable journey - a good all-rounder.
The 6S you have is built like a tank and is as good a razor of any I have, the one I have now is my second one after regretting moving my 1st one on, this is as well as a Rex - brilliant razor, Birth year Slim - mild and efficient deffo worth a punt. A Yaqi V1 adjustable, that is aggressive, 2 Karve razors in SS and Brass, both used on SB "C" plates, brilliant razors.
I have had 2 Model T's, very similar to a Rex at half the price (BST), it is "infinitely" adjustable as it does not click onto the number ie you can set it to 2.75, moved mine to keep the Rex.
I have a Fatboy on route after 1 shave with the Pass-around. Another mild and efficient Razor.
My advice, stick with your 6S, I very rarely change settings during a shave anyway, I feel no need to do so, unless I am experimenting, I basically set it up according to the blade I will use, how rough my stubble is or how I am feeling.
Get to know your 6S, save, save and save a bit more then buy the Rex to accompany your 6S.
Long winded I know, I now have no hankering for a new adjustable as the Rex is just perfect.
Go and have a cuppa
T

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. I fully agree that technique is highly important , I have made great progress with the Rockwell 6S. But, there are times when I would like to quickly take it up or down a level without the need for changing the plates.

If technique is enough would you consider the Rex as a good option, i've seen quite a few vids on YT and even here in the forum whereby everyone considers it to be a relatively agressive shave on anything over setting 2.

The new Tatara Marumusa look great but it really is very expensive.. I like the heft of Stainless Steel razors and as such would prefer to remain within that realm..
If you wanted to stay with the brand there is the ‘Model T’ for your consideration also. Never tried it but someone on here may have.

Keep your eyes peeled on Shaving Time as the Pearl Flexi is available from there occasionally. There's a 10% off code as well in the Vendors section bringing the price down to £54.

I've got a confession to make - I have a Rex, Pearl Flexi, Merkur Progress and Mergress. I've yet to use the Flexi and Mergress though.
Mergress is a nice razor to use IMO. Find it to be a smooth and efficient razor but have never gone above 2.5.

Having used several "adjustables" including the Rex twice, I can say an adjustable isn't the bargain they first appear to be. Rex wise, it is superbly built, cannot fault it apart from the fact it is aggressive from the off and only gets worse the higher it is dialed. For me they try to be all things to all Men and they aren't, that's the promise. I'd say find what you like and do the research because an adjustable is rarely the answer.

Last edited:
Having used several "adjustables" including the Rex twice, I can say an adjustable isn't the bargain they first appear to be. Rex wise, it is superbly built, cannot fault it apart from the fact it is aggressive from the off and only gets worse the higher it is dialed. For me they try to be all things to all Men and they aren't, that's the promise. I'd say find what you like and do the research because an adjustable is rarely the answer.

Absolutely.

Why I dislike them. Change the angle, change the pressure, change tactility, change the blade and amazing how much a non-adjustable becomes an adjustable. To me they are just a pointless palaver.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

Why I dislike them. Change the angle, change the pressure, change tactity, change the blade and amazing how much a non-adjustable becomes an adjustable. To me they are just a pointless palaver.
Whisper it quietly, but I enjoyed the Fatboy passaround for the quality of the hardware, not the adjustableness (OK that's not a word, fight me ;) ) of it. In my limited experience, I agree that a normal razor can be adjusted based on blade, pressure and angle.

Back
Top Bottom