Lea Shaving Cream

Has anyone ever used this cream. I bought a tin of it and it’s the weirdest consistent.
Kind of like melted mozzarella or sticky putty. Don’t quite know how to use it. I expected it to be picked up by the brush but had to really try to get it working. Is there a knack. Anyone?

Has anyone ever used this cream. I bought a tin of it and it’s the weirdest consistent.
Kind of like melted mozzarella or sticky putty. Don’t quite know how to use it. I expected it to be picked up by the brush but had to really try to get it working. Is there a knack. Anyone?

I've not used it but it seems like it could be a little similar to some other shaving soaps I have used, eg Signature Soaps, which is like a firmer croap.

The way I lather the latter is with a small spatula I take out a small pea's worth and press it to the back of a lid, then with a wet synth I swirl the brush over the lid so the brush has picked up all the soap from the lid, then I dab the brush over my jaws/cheeks, then build the lather like normal. It might sound a little cumbersome, but it's actually fairly straightforward in application.

The benefit of using this method to build a lather is I have perfect control of how much soap I use in the shave, and I also keep water out of the container, so there's no need to worry about letting the soap dry after use.

• Haha
Reactions: Gem
Thanks. Maybe I’ll try lathering in a bowl. I’ve been using Gents Face Care Club which is great. Lasts for ever and smooth as anything but comes in a plastic tub. Lea stuff came in a tin so I gave it a go.
I’ll take your advice and see how I get on.
Happy Tuesday

No experience of the tubs / tins I’m afraid. But the tubes work just great.

A little goes a long way and is easy to bowl lather. Works well with great results.

I have it in the tin & stick version,
Never had an issue with it in any shape or form.
Definitely a nice cream although not my favourite by any means.
My only criticism would be the scent strength is very weak but again that dosent interfere with the performance which i guess ultimately is what we’re looking for

Did you warm it or has it got hot? I accidentally knocked a tube into a hot sink and didn’t notice and it changed consistency to exactly what you describe, it was fine straight out of the tube

Back
Top Bottom