Lea Shave Stick

I wanted a travel stick to take away to keep the weight down. I used to take a tub of soap with me, a waste of weight in the case for 3 shaves. I have never used the Lea soap but I have seen it in Spanish Supermarkets so I thought, why not give it a go. I bought two from Connaught Shaving. Great price although the postage cost the same of the product but it can't be helped, you can't expect free postage on such a small order when businesses are struggling these days, especially in niche markets such as ours.
They arrived and I gave one a go today. I was delighted by the Soap. Lathers easily and is slick and dense, glide and cushioning are excellent and the shave was a good one using my usual set up of Leaf and Twig with Wizamet blades installed. I have cut the stick in two and wrapped a piece in silver foil. That'll do for a weeks holiday for the next few years I'd imagine.
Great Soap, well worth a go.

I wanted a travel stick to take away to keep the weight down. I used to take a tub of soap with me, a waste of weight in the case for 3 shaves. I have never used the Lea soap but I have seen it in Spanish Supermarkets so I thought, why not give it a go. I bought two from Connaught Shaving. Great price although the postage cost the same of the product but it can't be helped, you can't expect free postage on such a small order when businesses are struggling these days, especially in niche markets such as ours.
They arrived and I gave one a go today. I was delighted by the Soap. Lathers easily and is slick and dense, glide and cushioning are excellent and the shave was a good one using my usual set up of Leaf and Twig with Wizamet blades installed. I have cut the stick in two and wrapped a piece in silver foil. That'll do for a weeks holiday for the next few years I'd imagine.
Great Soap, well worth a go.
I haven't tried the stick, although I have one. I've been using the Lea cream and it's awful. It doesn't smell great. It has a touch of menthol - which I've never wanted or needed - I have to use loads of it or else I can see my skin through the thin foam, and it still doesn't give me the glide I want.
I get good foam and glide from a tiny amount of Arko, Nivea, Taylors or Simpsons. I wish I'd never heard of Lea.

I haven't tried the stick, although I have one. I've been using the Lea cream and it's awful. It doesn't smell great. It has a touch of menthol - which I've never wanted or needed - I have to use loads of it or else I can see my skin through the thin foam, and it still doesn't give me the glide I want.
I get good foam and glide from a tiny amount of Arko, Nivea, Taylors or Simpsons. I wish I'd never heard of Lea.
The Stick is completely different & as wayne said it’s great.

iv used both the cream & stick and the lather you get from the stick is definitely worth a try.
Depends how you use your stick off course.
i rub it in to the face then use a brush to lather up
Yes, I use a stick that way. I remember as a teenager wondering how to use a soap stick (Boots) and rubbing a brush on it, and getting nowhere.

Hi! A bit of history for your entertainment....

LEA stick has been produced for many years in Spain although with different reformulations through the decades... fortunately still is a good soap, not like La Toja stick (the other only soap spanish stick currently on supermarkets) which is simply awful because of its last reformulation...

And it is shame: 50gr sticks were always the traditional format/size of shaving soaps in Spain, mainly because their low price&practical format for small bathrooms&travel and long lasting... and in the past there were way much more variety with brands like Palmolive, Wilkinson, GAL, Gota de Ámbar, Spring Glory, etc.

BTW the most wanted old soap stick in Spanish shaving forums is one called "Myrurgia" (a spanish brand which produces toiletteries, eau de toilettes, bath soaps, etc.):

i3345369754.jpg

Mainly because its INCREDIBLE good&strong traditional spanish barbershop scent... I remember when some years ago I grabbed a couple of Myrurgia sticks from a spanish group buy which found them in an old drugstore, that when they arrived you could smell them even OUTSIDE of the postal packaging... And we are talking about a soap which production ended about 20 years ago...

Regards

My mate does that now lol
well he did until i told him
Okay, the LEA stick is good, and a world of difference from the cream. I tried it today and posted on SOTD.

Okay, the LEA stick is good, and a world of difference from the cream. I tried it today and posted on SOTD.
See there you go, you can trust Uncle Wayne you know.

Back
Top Bottom