Le Tour

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Anyone watching it?

Love it I could be sad enough to sit and watch 6 hours of it live. (ok for could read have....I admit it freely)

I done the last 30ks of the last stage through paris in 2003, 8 hours before the tour arrived mind you.It was me and 12000 others during the centenery celebrations.What a buzz but dam you feel those cobbles.....for days after

Boab said:
I done the last 30ks of the last stage through paris in 2003, 8 hours before the tour arrived mind you.It was me and 12000 others during the centenery celebrations.What a buzz but dam you feel those cobbles.....for days after

Having made the error in the middle of my sole 40km excursion to date of traversing the cobbles in Bridge Street and Woodmarket in Kelso, I can sympathise - and that wasn't a racing bike... felt like my nads had gone 12 rounds with a militant feminist.

The race is shaping up nicely so far another British stage win today, Cavendish is immense in the sprints.4 wins so far, equalling the British record with 8 victories in only his third tour.Amazing stuff.
Vive le tour!!

Yep, i'm a v avid follower (when my little one allows me)! Used to compete myself (v amateur), done a few crazy trips by bike and now do triathlons. Call it stress relief or something!

Have a small stable of bikes, but the shaving hobby is much cheaper!

Great tour by the way.

So who is going to win??

I watch it every day much to the annoyance of the wife and kids. Used to ride a lot when I was younger even did a bit of racing and cycling holiday in Majorca. I’m way to fat now and prefer bikes with engines it’s a lot less effort. Cav is having a good race and I’m looking forward to seeing him in Paris win the final stage.

hmm hard to call a winner.I still don't think you can count Lance out.Guess we will have to wait til the alps