Le Maurice Pass around in the US, but sharing info here

Dave in KY

Monkeying Around
This is a French made razor I have from a pass around in the states. Just arrived today with 3 different gap setups in dual comb. More info coming.
IMG_20220730_162928625.jpgIMG_20220730_162937705.jpg

Never mind the razor (although it looks class).
The box it comes in looks like a work of art, I'm thinking oak. Although I am more than willing to be shot down with anger.(y):)
Ps. I like wooden things, much better than plastic shite.
From the website = Box in solid wood, oak, ash, chestnut according to supply, also machined in our workshop in Aveyron.

I just realized that this may not be the place to put this.....Should it be in the Review section. here or both ?

Sunday July 31, 2022
Razor: Atelier Durdan "Le Maurice" 1.20 Gap
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Sorrentino "Orange Crush"/Cashmere
Soap: Signature Hibernia
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Florida Water
Fragrance: Scuderia Ferrari Black
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,363

Monday August 1, 2022
Razor: Atelier Durdan "Le Maurice" .80 Gap Titanium
Brush: Trotter "Vein Quartz"/Badger
Soap: WK La Fougère Parfaite
AS 2: Brut Splash
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,364

Decided to try the shallow end of the pool today with the .80 Titanium head. The open comb and staright bar sides felt equally comfortable and the angle is easy to find. Don't ask me what the cutting angle is as I never put a protractor to my face. Let's just say it is easy to find the correct cutting angle and get a close shave. A little more buffing was needed to get to the same smooth shave I desire but was easily done without any irritation whatsoever. It's been a pleasure sampling this fine collection. It's clear Augustin has done his homework and trialing things before presenting rather than after the fact and then needing to correct things. Will try the SS 1.0 Gap tomorrow. Everyone have a great day !
IMG_20220731_193733491.jpg

Last edited:
Tuesday August 2, 2022
Razor: Atelier Durdan "Le Maurice" 1.00 Gap 316L
Brush: Wolf Whisker Beehive/Badger
Soap: Ballenclaugh Honey and Tobacco
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,365

Another BEAUTIFUL shave with the Le Maurice this time with the 1.00 Gap SS and I believe this is the sweet spot for me. All 3 are smooth operators and efficient. In my opinion the only advantage the highest gap would be is for those that don't shave every day. Again, this is my opinion. This is a razor I would love to have in the Titanium polished 1.00 gap Straight Bar if I had the budget. Another shave tomorrow perhaps on video before sanitizing and boxing up the set to mail to AJSharp by Thursday. Have a great day everyone !
IMG_20220802_073822529.jpg

Wednesday August 3, 2022
Razor: Atelier Durdan "Le Maurice" 1.00 Gap 316L
Brush: Stuart/Timberwolf
Soap: 1953 Williams Shave Cream w/Lanotrate 25
AS 2: 1953 Aqua Velva
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,366

Back
Top Bottom