Le Labo samples....free UK shipping

Hiya,

Anyone interested in trying these intriguing (and expensive) frags can order generous 1.5ML samples for $7 each with no mailing charge. I ordered 3 myself here in Colorado and am waiting for them to arrive. Pretty darn good deal and here's the UK phone number if needed.

1 212 510 8049

Last edited:
I always wanted to try Santal 33 but get scared off by people saying it smells like pickle juice
Really? That's one of the three I ordered, partially because of the mostly very positive reviews I've seen.

Worth looking at the site under fragrance 'Discovery Classic Selections' section which lists all the frags and notes involved.

Last edited:
Yeah Santal is the most famous one. I think anything that becomes that famous and is a bit polarising will always have some people saying it smells weird. Most people think it smells amazing!!! Sorry if I worried you lol.

There is one called Baie that I think is legendary too and would really like to try. It's meant to smell like that smell of the earth after it's rained?? Or before? Anyway it sounds amazing!!!

Yeah Santal is the most famous one. I think anything that becomes that famous and is a bit polarising will always have some people saying it smells weird. Most people think it smells amazing!!! Sorry if I worried you lol.

There is one called Baie that I think is legendary too and would really like to try. It's meant to smell like that smell of the earth after it's rained?? Or before? Anyway it sounds amazing!!!
There's some differences with what's offered or available on the 2 websites and the 'after the rain' frag is on your list only. I'd be curious about that myself. Demeter makes or made an inexpensive 'interpretation' like that but it's not gonna be the same experience.

One thing I like about that company is their selection of bath soaps in signature scents. No idea how they perform but will probably acquire some....sheesh. No shortage of sellers luckily.

Hiya,

Used the Le Labo samples and found the Santal33 and Vetiver to be quite pleasant. Santal33 reminds me of AOS sandalwood/cypress frag which I like and use. Didn't do a side by side huff though. Nothing I'd buy but enjoyable.

Vetiver surprised me with how complex the juice is and how far away from the expected vetiver note, which never became evident to my nose. I'm not a stranger to that note, used in various interpretations but this is totally different. Lots of other good stuff going on though, with like a woody/spicy/incense thing in the mix. Not dark at all to me but instead rather playful, unlike most other vetivers I've tried. Very nice drydown as well and worth buying a sample. It's my favorite of the three I ordered.

The Patchouli24 was strange. I enjoy patchouli in lots of frags, but just not as a single 'hippie' note. Amazing what patchouli can add to a concoction. This was not what I expected to sniff because I couldn't get a sense of that note anywhere. Main thing I got was birch EO with a bit of softening vanilla on the drydown, giving an almost amber like feel. Nope, that's one I didn't understand or care for much.

Seems like reviewers often comment on the excellent sillage and longevity of this brand, but to me it's just a little better than good and that's it. Also found lots of comments regarding some Le Labo frags being compared to similar ones being made.

The juice is extremely expensive when bought through the company site. It's in Creed territory for sure so you definitely need a sample. Can't offer any advice buying it another way but prices do vary.

Overall I'm quite happy with the large samples for the price and also to help with monkey removal services.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom