Lathers issues with.... Cella!?!

I am not sure why but I seem to have developed issues lathering Cella.

I'm not sure whether my pot has gone funny or what as it used to lather a dream. Now it seems to be a very dry, sticky lather and when I add a little water it goes from being too dry to too wet in an instant.

It must be something to do with the way I am lathering and am putting it down to something I've done because I have no other way of explaining this but I just find it funny that everything else I use still lathers fine.

The only change in my routine had been going from mug lathering to face lathering but all other products are fine. I do have another pot to test against but it just seems strange to me that this happened.

Anyone else had issues with Cella or am I on my own?

Try loading plenty of soap on your brush then add small quantities of water a little at a time.
Cella is usually fairly easy to lather with

Andy, do you load the brush directly from a bowl or tub that has Cella in, and then make lather in your usual/normal bowl, or are you taking a piece of soap, put that in the lathering bowl, then make lather?

In any case this is quite strange.

Im loading the brush in the tub and then applying to face adding water when needed. It could also be that I am no longer bowl lathering but that doesn't affect any other soaps or creams I'm using.

FYI I seem to have resolved this issue. Turns out I am unable to find the sweet spot for face lathering with Cella. Lathered up Cella in a mug and I'm rocking again.

andyjreid said:
FYI I seem to have resolved this issue. Turns out I am unable to find the sweet spot for face lathering with Cella. Lathered up Cella in a mug and I'm rocking again.

I've found this with a soap in the past - if I bowl-lather it I get a feel for how much water it needs, then I can use that information to face-lather it more consistently.

Back
Top Bottom