Latest E-Bay Finds

Good work; they look like they will come up a treat.

Give 'em a scrub. Always nice to see a solid, well-made tool emerging from under the soapy bubbles, ready to be used again after an enforced break from active service.

But enough about my bath-time fun . . . .

:lol: :lol:

Legend !!!

Ooh er, missus :shock:

There also appears to be a sunburyboy93 selling a razor on ebay.
Fancy that.

The description says vintage gillette razor British. May I ask what it is? (Sorry I can't tell from the picture. It's not necessarily a bad picture. I'm just not sure what the razor is).

Paul.

That is an all time classic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I found it at an antique Fair, think it's an old Tech of some kind......cleaned up well

i find em, clean em, and sell them for what i can, i don't make a huge profit, just hope they go to someone that can make good use of em.

Steve
Sunburyboy93

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I forget that you lurk around the s/h razor areas. Back at CONUK it was all mixed together.They're not really my thing (apart from your groovy Superspeed!) but I'll take a look now and again as it appears the innuendo quotient can be high!

They've cleaned up beautifully.
May I ask what your technique is?
I have a few old razors I want to clean up and I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying an ultrasonic cleaner (difficult to hide from the boss). The B&B site mentions "scrubbing bubbles" a lot but this doesn't appear to be a product stocked in UK supermarkets.

Well what i do with metal razors is put a couple of drops of fairy liquid in a bowl, along with about 3 teaspoons of CIF Power Cream for Bathrooms (Spray Bottle) pour in boiled water & let em sit for an hour, then i pour some warm water in my ultrasonic cleaner (James Priducts Ultra 7000) along with a couple drops more of fairy liquid, and do three cycles in the cleaner (you need to be carful with any adjustable razors with numbers or handles like the black Beauty & black super speeds as the Ultrasonic can take the colour off.... not a big deal with the numbers as you can paint them back on but the handles are a different story)

Then let them dry (thoroughly), then genlty apply Silvo Wadding Polish and buff with a microfibre cloth, for any hard to reach areas or fine detail areas like handles, use a soft tooth brush to buff the polish off.

JOB DONE

The main thing is just be careful and don't be too aggresive...think of how old these razors are, it can be easy to cause damage...they just need TLC

if anyone else wants to add anything....feel free

I put a bid in (the only bid) for the Gillette tech/new/goodwill.

Whatever it is I haven't got one and I can always sell/pif it on this forum.

Paul.

Scrubbing Bubbles' UK equivalent is Cif Mousse. I use the bathroom stuff as I think the kitchen stuff is more aggressive (de-greaser?).

Let it sit with the foam on for five minutes, then scrub thoroughly with a stiff brush.

Then ultrasonic in warm water.

That usually does it.

I have also put them through the dishwasher, though . . . .