Lands End to John O'groats Challenge Distance Record

By the way this is doing me the world of good.

Might have mentioned before but I am on an NHS diabetes prevention program and exercise is a big part. Happy to say it has helped get me in to the safe BMI and down to less than 14st. Which for someone 6ft 3 keeps me feeling much better about my life.

14st for 6ft 3 guy is not too bad at all.

I'm glad to hear you're on a prevention programme... I had not such luck, I remember being told that I had developed a fatty liver and there was nothing I could do as it was genetic which I now know it's a lot of BS. I should have been told I was in danger of developing diabetes.
I'm a diabetic type 2 but in remission, the correct diet is more important than exercise to reverse / control diabetes but I'm sure you understand it's a good idea to exercise on a regular basis.

The best thing about walking and cycling for me is that I really enjoyed them.

It's great to hear this is doing some good for your health.

14st for 6ft 3 guy is not too bad at all.

I'm glad to hear you're on a prevention programme... I had not such luck, I remember being told that I had developed a fatty liver and there was nothing I could do as it was genetic which I now know it's a lot of BS. I should have been told I was in danger of developing diabetes.
I'm a diabetic type 2 but in remission, the correct diet is more important than exercise to reverse / control diabetes but I'm sure you understand it's a good idea to exercise on a regular basis.

The best thing about walking and cycling for me is that I really enjoyed them.

It's great to hear this is doing some good for your health.

I have changed an awful lot and especially on the eating front. It was a fatty liver which started all the interest from the local doctor. Sin e then the fatty liver issue has improved no end and I just feel better overall. Then again the liver is very good at repairing itself I learnt.

The prevention program is a multitude of things to change from diet, to exercise, to sleep and relaxation via other sides of the story.

Altogether a great asset to date.

Oddly all this interest started to happen when I reached 60. Prior to this little or no interest.

Onwards and downwards as the dieters sat

I have changed an awful lot and especially on the eating front. It was a fatty liver which started all the interest from the local doctor. Sin e then the fatty liver issue has improved no end and I just feel better overall. Then again the liver is very good at repairing itself I learnt.

The prevention program is a multitude of things to change from diet, to exercise, to sleep and relaxation via other sides of the story.

Altogether a great asset to date.

Oddly all this interest started to happen when I reached 60. Prior to this little or no interest.

Onwards and downwards as the dieters sat

I've done tons of reading on diabetes, physiology and how we respond to particular foots / micronutrients, etc. I think understanding the problem made me commit to my change of life.

The liver is very resilience and can take a enormous amount of abuse... it can repair itself BUT when you push your luck too far then you might not feel any symptoms until it's rather too late.

Not to piss on everyones efforts, you are all doing great. I'm a gardener and I walk loads, (still a fat bugger) but I have improved my cardio by walking more often to the fridge for some beer, not sure if that counts for steps per day.
Oh and pizza and kababs. I have had hard graft jobs all my life and find it hard to cut down on food. Bugger. :ROFLMAO:(y)

Back
Top Bottom