Lamy Safari

What nib did you get on your Lamy btw? F/EF/?
I got a medium, I was going to get as fine due to being heavy handed and wanting a thinner line but Im really happy with this one, get I got the medium in the end.
I'll pop something up in the SOTD writing thread, although it wont be pretty

I just ordered a Safari with Medium nib. I'm learning Latin and I thought writing a classical language deserved a classical pen.
I counldn't agree more. I'm really loving my Safari and Im sure you will.

What ink did you pair up with it?

Those who have both the Lamy original and the knockoff Hero 359: I just now tried the Lamy with an F nib, the Hero is mounted with an EF. The flow of the Lamy was something quite different to the feel of the Hero, virtually friction-free German versus a significant amount of friction of the Chinese. Any comments to this? Is this just the difference between the two, or between nib sizes, or do I have an issue with my Hero?

I don't have either of those two but I would expect that an EF could be a bit less smooth than an F

When I bought my Safari a few years ao, it came with a medium nib. As I prefer a narrower line, I bought a replacement EF nib but I found it too scratchy (Lamy ink btw), but a F nib struck the right balance for me.

Yeah I'm tempted to say it's more of a F vs EF as it is German vs Chinese. Those Chinese nibs are surprisingly smooth

When I bought my Safari a few years ao, it came with a medium nib. As I prefer a narrower line, I bought a replacement EF nib but I found it too scratchy (Lamy ink btw), but a F nib struck the right balance for me.
I've done the same, bought a medium but I'm hankering for a fine nib. Going to try one in the future.

Found that I had to do 'some work' on the fine nib. Not hard to do, just wrote out the Alphabet and the numbers a few times on a super fine paper ~5000 grit.

Try doing a few letters and keep adding till it stops scratching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk