Lack of Injector Razors

Hi All, just a quick question, been looking in to the Single edge route of Shaving, looked at the ever ready, Gem type razors, as seems a quite good low priced entry in to SE, here's the thing also looked at injector razors, problem is there doesn't seem to be many razors available in the UK, loads from the US but not only attracting high pricing, shipping costs are expensive too, did the injector market not take off in the UK because Schick was an American company and not marketed in the UK?
Thanks All.

There are loads of vintage injectors around in the UK and some of them are very good. As you say there are few madern ones, possibly because of a lack of choice of blades, so I would go for vintage. My one modern injector purchase, a Supply razor, was not as good a shaver for me as a couple of old Schicks I have.
Another relatively low cost SE option which does give a wide choice of blades is the Razorock Hawk. It takes Feather Artist Club blades and others by Kai and Schick. It gives a really close shave; almost as good as other AC razors costing five times or more the price.

There are loads of vintage injectors around in the UK and some of them are very good. As you say there are few madern ones, possibly because of a lack of choice of blades, so I would go for vintage. My one modern injector purchase, a Supply razor, was not as good a shaver for me as a couple of old Schicks I have.
Another relatively low cost SE option which does give a wide choice of blades is the Razorock Hawk. It takes Feather Artist Club blades and others by Kai and Schick. It gives a really close shave; almost as good as other AC razors costing five times or more the price.
You said "There are loads of vintage injectors around in the UK" I must be just looking in the wrong places, eBay there are only a few and high prices, Etsy not much there from the UK and as I said on my Original post in the USA if Cheap excess Shipping, you seem to be able to drop on plenty of vintage DE's and Cheap Gems & Ever readys but next to nothing in the injector line at the right price.

Just had a look at that razorock Hawk, even though it may well be a Great razor, it is just out of my price range £85. I can't quantify any cost of over £60 even for a really desirable razor one: for lack of funds two: even though I Iove wet shaving, I have a limit on justifying a general high value on anything not just razors, for a perceived better performance that may or may not be there, that can't be realised by something vintage or a good budget option.
Third: most importantly the stress earache and General innuendo from my wife who can't justify any spending on razors or shaving items.

There’s a Golden 500 available for a reasonable price on a certain well known auction site.

Just had a look at that razorock Hawk, even though it may well be a Great razor, it is just out of my price range £85. I can't quantify any cost of over £60 even for a really desirable razor one: for lack of funds two: even though I Iove wet shaving, I have a limit on justifying a general high value on anything not just razors, for a perceived better performance that may or may not be there, that can't be realised by something vintage or a good budget option.
Third: most importantly the stress earache and General innuendo from my wife who can't justify any spending on razors or shaving items.
There's an aluminium version of the Hawk which was about £30 the last time I looked. I don't think it suffers from being aluminium rather than steel. In fact it's lighter weight might be preferable for some people.
I don't look at vintage razors on eBay these days, but when I did there always used to be a fair few Schick and Pal razors about. Quite often their descriptions were vague or misleading, like old razor, vintage shaver and razor, not Gillette, for example.

There's an aluminium version of the Hawk which was about £30 the last time I looked. I don't think it suffers from being aluminium rather than steel. In fact it's lighter weight might be preferable for some people.
I don't look at vintage razors on eBay these days, but when I did there always used to be a fair few Schick and Pal razors about. Quite often their descriptions were vague or misleading, like old razor, vintage shaver and razor, not Gillette, for example.
Yup. The V2 is still available. A great wee razor.

Much appreciated Scone head.

There is a trick for getting reasonably priced injectors (and other razors) on eBay

Patience. There will be a bargain in two weeks or thereabouts...

Or luck. I once got a Schick Type E for £2.50
It was advertised as a Bakerlight Shaver. Search for typos

£12 for a Golden 500 is a right bargain. I’ve got one, so I won't be bidding

Back
Top Bottom