Knots Names What do they mean

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
Iv been asking myself this question for a while & thought it was to stupid to post but it’s bugging me so here goes
Does anyone know the difference between
A Fanchurian & Manchurian Knots ?
I also have the Fanchurian F14 & F15
I’m unsure if it’s just a fancy name

I have assumed that a Fanchurian is just a portmanteau word for a Manchurian (badger) knot in a fan shape, so not bulb or flat top. I guess the numbers are 'generation'. I have a similar question to yours about cashmere though. Is it a colour, a shape, a synthetic material or a combination of those?

I have assumed that a Fanchurian is just a portmanteau word for a Manchurian (badger) knot in a fan shape, so not bulb or flat top. I guess the numbers are 'generation'. I have a similar question to yours about cashmere though. Is it a colour, a shape, a synthetic material or a combination of those?
Colour. Very soft like eh…wool? About as much backbone as BoJo. Whereas he's completely useless, a well set cashmere is lovely.

Can’t help with Fanny-churians.

Fanchurian is just a portmanteau word for a Manchurian
This ^, but we all know manchurian is just a buzz word for the most part.

I guess the numbers are 'generation'.
In terms of the V14/V15 this is it, they're just batches. I have the V11, V13 and V14. They vary slightly in feel but so far it's marginal and they're impacted mostly by the setting.

Can we just give @hotmetal a round of applause for his use of the word ‘Portmanteau’ please? The lad’s trying his best for us and has truly whipped his dictionary right out there. No whipping out of anything else, please. Matron doth not approve…

Of course, learned old fogies like @Mike Smart knew exactly what it meant but dullards of the gairden variety had to quickly nip online to check if Portmanteau was a new fartershave, I mean aftershave. Portmanteau by Tom Ford? Dior Portmanteau?

I know a lad who likes his words,
Opens his mouth but out come turds,
He’s got a new scent,
Smells like farts in a tent,
No wonder the poor bugger cannae pull burds!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom