Knife sharpener Suggestions please

I’ve had Most luck with a Lansky turn box and the larger Lansky that also uses rods but I’m looking for something that is more of a sharpener than a hone.

I’ve been looking at the Lansky sharp system in the diamond variant even in Black Friday, by adding the stand and the sapphire hone it’s coming out at £150 or so. As such I’m keen to look at other ideas.

I need to be able to run 17, 20, and 25 degrees (15 and 30 would be good) as this will be my one sharpener for filet knives through to bushcraft

I don’t want water or oil stones, life’s too short ….

Suggestions please!

Funnily enough I’ve bought the worksharp Ken Onion manual ( 50% off in Amazon Black Friday)

if that works well I will most likely buy the electric one too ….

Wet and dry paper I use with water.
Cheap. Works..
Tape it down to something flat and finish on something really fine like 1500 or 2000 grade.
I use a system not unlike that for my carving blades. 800, 1200 & 2500 grit self adhesive wet and dry stuck down to MDF boards then I finish on a leather paddle strop with 2 different compounds. Works better than the expensive Japanese water stones I bought years ago.

I use a system not unlike that for my carving blades. 800, 1200 & 2500 grit self adhesive wet and dry stuck down to MDF boards then I finish on a leather paddle strop with 2 different compounds. Works better than the expensive Japanese water stones I bought years ago.

OK, but how do you maintain the proper angle when doing that? :unsure:

By hand and eye to maintain angle.
Near as possible.
Good enough.
Some demos online.

Think some are too ocd over it especially if a working knife that needs edge putting on every few weeks

Back
Top Bottom