Kleen de

Thats Swann Morton - Major Surgical supply company.

Lets see what we can find.

WR Swann & Co of Sheffield. The company was founded in 1932 and still runs today.

In 1935 they started producing blades for Surgical use called Kleen Razor Blades - typically for use in a handle made by a Surgical house.
However they started to manufacture their own surgical handle when sales of the original dwindled (i assume the Kleen Razor was introduced around this time as well)

They stopped mass manufacture of Razor blades in 1940's due to taxation issues and switched completly to Craft blades and surgical scalpels.

Thanks to Google books for the insight there.

Cant tell you anything on the Kleen razor itself , but id wager it wasn't intended for Beard removal .. rather removal elsewhere :eek:

I will pop a photo on later this evening, i e mailed the company on saturday asking about this razor and had a reply this afternoon, ""i can confirm that this is indeed a double edge razor our company made a long long time ago, we produced double edge blades as well, but slowly went into surgical supplies and stopped producing the razors sometime around the late 30's or early 40's, let me know your address and i will send you a book on the history of the company and products we have produced, and there is a chapter or 2 on the production of our double edge razors and blades", so i can now have a shave with it.

Back
Top Bottom