King C Gillette Platinum Razor Blades

A year or two ago I decided to buy a new Gillette razor and matching pack of DE blades available in UK supermarkets. The intention is to keep them as new so that in a few decades I will have a vintage NOS Gillette razor and blades.

I was wondering if anyone had tried the blades and if they thought they were any good? I know they are platinum coated and made in Russia, so probably one of the product lines we're familiar with.
At £5 for a pack of 10 I hope they are good!
PXL_20221223_142538575.jpg

A year or two ago I decided to buy a new Gillette razor and matching pack of DE blades available in UK supermarkets. The intention is to keep them as new so that in a few decades I will have a vintage NOS Gillette razor and blades.

I was wondering if anyone had tried the blades and if they thought they were any good? I know they are platinum coated and made in Russia, so probably one of the product lines we're familiar with.
At £5 for a pack of 10 I hope they are good!
View attachment 97854

It's supposed to be the same blade as the new Gillette Platinum, which has it's fans but it's not my favourite modern platinum Gillette blade.

I used to like the standard Gillette Platinum in my Merkur 34C. That and the Indian 7 o’clock Black were all unused for a couple of years till I grew a beard. Just neckline trimming after that.

Back
Top Bottom