Kent Travel Set

Someone in the U.K. needs to buy this thing so I can stop drooling over it.

Most travel kits are crappy bonded leather, and are falling apart. This is the real deal.
Brush is not shown in the pictures, but the seller sent me a pic.
Screenshot_2023-07-11-10-40-30-45_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

This is a rare Kent brush that only came with the travel kit. I used to own one. This is the second or third I've seen.

Nice! That is a stubby little thing. I bet a simple wash and prolonged loading lather would put that back into service, admirably.
I believe it's the Kent H275 brush. I paid $140 for one in slightly better looking shape back in 2015, but who knows how well it will clean up?

Just the brush, mind you, not the rest of the kit.

I guess people just don't collect Kent or Rooney brushes anymore. Pity.

Edit: Not the same brush as the H275.
Screenshot_2023-07-12-10-49-38-27_0311c9f6806a66343c45622522faa000.jpg
Similar ancestry though.

I have a similar leather-cased set, but somewhat battered and missing some bits.

However, it has a story, albeit sad. My late mother-in-law was, during World War Two, married to a Sergeant in the RAF. They were married for about six weeks, before he trained and then took part in the Lancaster bomber daylight raid on the MAN diesel engine factory in Augsburg, Germany, on 17th April, 1942. His aircraft was shot down, and all seven crew killed. It was not until 1944 that the Casualty Branch of the Air Ministry were able to confirm that all seven crew, of whom only two could be identified, were buried in the cemetery at Beaumont Le Roger, in France. We still have that correspondence.

She later married my wife's father, after the War, and when we were married, she gave me her first husband's dressing case. I used it myself when I travelled on business. It has a miniature badger brush, where the handle is also now a deep butterscotch colour, but no markings, and a different shape to that above.

BS_case.jpg

Back
Top Bottom