Kent Silver Tip

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
A We Ebay find for me just arrived today.
Never been used charity shop buy
Kent Silver Tip Badger.
Don’t know why i bought it but i guess i just liked the look of it.
Originally i thought it might be Glass but nope i’m wrong it’s acrilic.
Still i like it.
Think it’s 22mm Quite small but don’t know anything about it including it’s age.

117F95E2-F871-470C-B893-0DFFD80EC41B.pngBA41DFC3-7BDF-4F1B-8ADB-D7EFBF01B185.png706BBAA9-273D-4721-9C4B-C0FCEA6A30B3.png

I think Kent used the same grade of Silvertip as in the BK/BLK series of brushes. I have an AP8 which is very nice and a great brush for creams. The only downside to the handle shape/material is that it becomes a bit slippery when bowl lathering, or it might just be that I’m a bit messy. I have a few Kent’s and always thought they were very underrated compared to other British manufacturer. Nice find, enjoy.

I like it!

The two most fabulous Kent brushes I’ve ever seen are owned by my favourite resident true gentleman @Fido

If you’re reading this sir, please post images of the ridiculously superb butterscotch V series and that fabulously elegant, genuine ivory historical piece.

You won’t see anything like these two anywhere.

I do like yours though @oldhibsfart sorry I mean @Mike Smart

The knot looks ace and if it's good silvertip it's surely a good buy. I can't decide on the handle, looks like it might shoot across the bathroom without warning! For acrylic or resin I really fancy one of those glass-clear ones with a black bit, is it Ever-Ready?

Thanks Lads i’ll be honest i don’t know performance wise if it’s any good.
I actually lathered a pre shave up with it just to give it a go.
i have to say i didn’t find it slippy but that off course doesn't mean it’s not slippy,
i guess i was just lucky.
In my eyes it’s a nice looking brush & i will use it but the dury’s out as to it being any good.
I know iv said 22mm ish but i’m thinking it could be an 18 or 20,
#hertshunt :ROFLMAO:

The knot looks ace and if it's good silvertip it's surely a good buy. I can't decide on the handle, looks like it might shoot across the bathroom without warning! For acrylic or resin I really fancy one of those glass-clear ones with a black bit, is it Ever-Ready?
The knot is a bit iffy mate
iv not properly used it in anger to test it but i will soon. I actually like opaque, translucent type handles.
No it’s a Kent Brush

Small ones are more juicy. Or something. Brush size is a funny thing. I've got a small badger (easy tiger!) and it's OK to use, but you're dipping it back in for pass 3.
Yeah I know yours is Kent, I meant what was the name of the clear /black shiny ones I was on about. But I do like your translucent one, unusual.

My BK4 is a real favourite of mine. The Silvertip badger feels lovely on my face; it sort of caresses my face as I lather. Moreover, it easily holds enough lather for three passes. Although some think the knot is on the small side, it splays very nicely; anything bigger likely would smother me. Some people think it’s floppy and too cloud-like, but not me. I find the dense, stiff badger knots that are in vogue these days remind me of lathering with a brick of badger hair

I agree totally. I use my Kent Silvertips with triple milled soaps without any issues. I also prefer the BK4 over the BK8 although the latter is good for head shave lathering.
My BK4 is a real favourite of mine. The Silvertip badger feels lovely on my face; it sort of caresses my face as I lather. Moreover, it easily holds enough lather for three passes. Although some think the knot is on the small side, it splays very nicely; anything bigger likely would smother me. Some people think it’s floppy and too cloud-like, but not me. I find the dense, stiff badger knots that are in vogue these days remind me of lathering with a brick of badger hair

I like it!

The two most fabulous Kent brushes I’ve ever seen are owned by my favourite resident true gentleman @Fido

If you’re reading this sir, please post images of the ridiculously superb butterscotch V series and that fabulously elegant, genuine ivory historical piece.

You won’t see anything like these two anywhere.

I do like yours though @oldhibsfart sorry I mean @Mike Smart
These were my vintage Kent brushes. V16 and the old ivory.DSC_2883.jpg

Back
Top Bottom