Kai

G

Looking forward to trying a Kai for the first time tomorrow.

Been on a long, three month survey of available blades and nearly coming to the end of the experiment.

So far, in order of perference across the four razors in rotation (Fatboy, Slim, EJ Chatsworth lined, Futur)

Super Iridium
Swede
Derby
Red Pack

make it into the rotation

out go

all the 7 o'clocks
Crystal
BIC
Both Astras
Feather

which were either too harsh or not sharp enough

Yeah, the last online source I could find at the £2 mark, Westons and the other one - Landys, seem to have dried up. I do like Super Iridiums though. The Kai is wierd. The whole experience was clinical - the packaging, the paper, no markings on the blade, and the cutting. I liked it, though as with extra sharp blades, I always get a harshness first day.

regards

Its interesting how different people rate a product such as blades.

I would almost swap that list round.

Feathers are my favorite until they got chucked out in an unauthorised bathroom clear-out! cant wait to get some more.

Cant get on with derbys horrible blades in my opinion.

After two shaves, I'm not sure yet. Need to test them out on the Fatboy & Slim to be sure, but so far I find it harsh. It cuts well enough but I can't say I enjoyed the experience compared to the Iridium or Swede. It isn't as smooth. How can I say, there's a hardness to it. I cut myself in two places above the neck line and didn't realise until after the alum, witch hazel, AS and white shirt - final check before the bus and the collar's a red mess. It gives you the feeling it's a minature straight and needs a different technique.
Wierd. I'll carry on with the 3rd and 4th shave in the Futur and give one a spin in the Fatboy at weekend.

Peter

I've been trying the Kai blades and they are superb. As I understand yet another NOS blade but Jason (Dridiot) still has a few in stock.

Had my first shave with these (dridiot supplied). Certainly better (smoother) than the Merkur blades I've been using in my Futur. Will have to wait and see how I get on!
N.

I have been trying the Kai blades for a few weeks then changed to Feather. As expected the latter are terrifically sharp and I'm having a few problems (like getting cut easily) and have had to take much more care with preparation and technique.
I feel that the Kai are somewhat more forgiving and will return to these in due course. I haven't dared venture back to the Merkurs :!: .
N.