Kai Luffy Type R

It's an older model isn't it? Has a lip like the Feather SS from what I remember. Never got my hands on one.
I remember when the Luffy blades came out, I can only assume they were rebranded as the Protouch MG. I haven't seen the razor before. I have a feeling it may have been aimed at the same market as the more recent SoftGuards ...

I remember when the Luffy blades came out, I can only assume they were rebranded as the Protouch MG. I haven't seen the razor before. I have a feeling it may have been aimed at the same market as the more recent SoftGuards ...
Checkout the recent Pakka wood version - looks like they have recycled the mould.

My folding Kai Captain is slightly assymetric to my eye at least plus it has the vertical stripes only on one side. When I first got it I though it might be aimed at barbers using one side only but after testing I cannot feel any difference between sides shaving.

On the Kai Captain I think the vertical stripes are for grip when you are sliding open the mechanism.

Mea culpa: On second thought the asymmetry of the blade to my eye might simply have to do with from what side light is hitting blade