Kai Captain Sharp Blade

No , I wouldn’t buy them again Mike , they are too sharp for me , they will suit others though , it was an experience .
I put them in my basket , it comes to £33.62p .
Ouch!! Rather like my purchase of a Schick Super11, it is the extras that make things expensive. Buying from USA has to be monitored closely. Buy cheap you think , then RM ransom hits you.

USA though……
Yes, the postage makes them a bit steep. I'm guessing that they're a bit much for most folk, since there's no evidence that Kai are still making them.

I like Kai Pink blades when I'm in the mood, but I'm not overly fond of regular Kai Captain. I have no reason to beleve I'll like the Sharpblade, but I haven't tried them, so I have an itch.

I like Kai Pink blades when I'm in the mood, but I'm not overly fond of regular Kai Captain. I have no reason to beleve I'll like the Sharpblade, but I haven't tried them, so I have an itch.

Me too, I like the Pinks but the blue Captain isn't my favourite (in the SE1).
Today's red Sharpblade was really smooth. It looks identical to a standard Captain but the shave is different. Much sharper than the guarded Feather I tried. That really struggled with a two-day beard.

Today's red Sharpblade was really smooth. It looks identical to a standard Captain but the shave is different. Much sharper than the guarded Feather I tried. That really struggled with a two-day beard.
Just checking , it was the blade inside the card you used wasn’t it and not the one taped to the card ?

I used a Feather Proguard, once, when I had my Vector, and swapped it out after the first pass. It just felt clumsy, and lacked any response. I think there are lots of tiny adjustments I make, responding to feedback and feel, as I go along. The Proguard allowed for none of that. The Feather Softguard was a different feel altogether—the guard system is completely different. I think there's a misconception that the Softguard is a guarded Pro Light, but they're regular width. I built up a bit of confidence through a couple of shaves with one of those, then moved on to the regular Feather Pro. I tried a Softguard out of curiosity a few months later, and it was disappointing.

I've never tried a guarded blade in the SE1/SE2. If I'm feeling like I need a gentler touch, the Kai Pinks are perfect.

I'm really curious about the Sharpblades now they're getting a good report in the SE1. I might grab a box off eBay. Edit: no I might not. What's with the import charges? I've ordered plenty of stuff from the US since Brexit, and only paid import fees when I crossed the £135 mark by mistake.

Last edited:
Kai Pro Touch are fine in my SE1 but I'd rather use a Pink to be honest.

The Feather Proguard really struggled to cut the beard on the first pass. It really wasn't up to it. Or even comfortable.

Of course I will need to try all the blades again once my SE2 plate arrives.

After I ordered those, yet another Kai AC model appears: the Kai DIA Double carbon milld.
I got those, too. It was the last pack…

Back
Top Bottom