Just occasionally....

jrqiqa.jpg

15focpx.jpg

a12v5l.jpg

If you are anything like me, you will find that only very rarely in life do things just fall into place perfectly, and I'm happy to say that this is one of those occasions.

Earlier this week, before starting work, I was browsing e-bay and found a Gillette Slim Adjustable which had been listed late the previous night. The buy it now price was £9.99 with a couple of quid extra for postage, so as you can imagine, I clicked the button without delay.

The razor arrived promptly a couple of days later, and apart from the numbers not being black any more, and some discolouration to the plating inside the doors, it is in excellant condition. I soaked the head in dettol for 30 mins, followed up by 10 mins in isopropyl alcohol in the ultrasonic cleaner, and shaved with it for the first time yesterday, on '3'. It gave an excellent shave very similar to the Tech that 'Press' very kindly PIFed to me a couple of weeks ago to get me going (thanks again Chris!).

At this point I was pretty chuffed with myself for bagging a bit of a bargain, but the best was yet to come. It is my 50th in May, and guess what the date code is? I couldn't believe it, but it's H2, which according to the information I found on the net, is 2nd quarter 1962. Wow, what were the chances of that :icon_razz:

I love it when things just work out, nice find and I'm glad it worked out well.

I've had a similar result with a tech recently. Less than 7 quid delivered and definitely one of the best shaves yet.

Back
Top Bottom