Just Eat Cretins

I ordered a Just Eat, the driver is employed by Just Eat and not the restaurant. The driver refused to deliver to the address and wanted me to walk the 6 minutes to where he had parked up. As I was in my pyjamas and had damaged my knee at lunchtime and can barely walk, I refused. He then marked my ordered as delivered and stole my order...

• Wow
Reactions: PHR
Well I reported to 101 as theft as the Just Eat number is constantly busy. If I report non delivery online, I dont get my delivery and service fees back. Anyway 101 is not 100% certain it's a civil or criminal case. I suggested they give me his address from his mobile number and I would ensure it's a criminal matter, but they declined.

Having been in a kebab shop and listened to an altercation between one such delivery driver and the kebab shop man, I decided that I would not use such services. Basically the driver had a history of *just eating* the customer order and marking as delivered. The kebab guy was angry as he was losing regular customers because of it. My mate had a story of ordering about £25 of Five Guys for him and the family. The website took his details from Facebook which only had the postcode not the house number. He saw the driver take his food to a neighbour. Driver was not interested and neither were the customer service agents. The neighbours ate the order without even questioning it and thought it was their lucky day. That only strengthened my resolve. "Luckily" I have a chippy and a kebab shop opposite my house. Diet starts tomorrow.

Yes I think it's really poor that if you can't get to the place and choose delivery, there's no comeback when the driver turns out to be lazy and/or dishonest. All the way up the chain they don't care once they've got your money and the drivers seem to have no accountability.

Every time I go I to a takeaway, while I'm waiting for my order I can see stacks of deliveries piling up and going cold. I would guess that the average time between the food being prepared, and ready for delivery, to actual delivery would be at least 30 minutes. Not a recipe for happy customers!

I remember phoning a Chinese & a voice answered
Hello i am Fu- King
i said oh sorry i’ll call back later

That reminds me of a time in Singapore. It’s ultra humid and I was sweating like crazy every day at work so I decided to get my back waxed to reduce the sweating. I called this beauty salon and I asked for a back wax.
The lady sounded surprised and embarrassed at the other end of the phone and quickly replied “Oh no no sir ! We don’t do sack wax”.
I could hear all the other ladies in the salon laughing in the background. I couldn’t stop laughing myself after she said it. The Scottish accent could pose a bit of a challenge sometimes.

Talking of which, I went to HK once, and I remember seeing a group of people round a street food cart all eating something on sticks. Being adventurous I asked what it was. She spoke no English but knew what I was asking. She did a weird impression of a pig and then drew a spiral on her tummy with her finger. Ah yes, seared tripe HK style. No, I passed on that, thanks.

Also remember going for a massage at a place my gf said was good, where she used to get a foot massage. I hate having my feet touched so I went for a back massage as mine needs work all the time. I went in the cubicle and a Chinese fellow came in and proceeded to torture me. Thinking I was probably deemed a softy-ass westerner, I applied some British stiff upper lip and took it in silence. After all, I wasn't about to let down the whole of the western side of the world! The geezer was obviously an expert on pressure points and probably ex military intelligence judging by the efficiency of the pain. About halfway through, a local guy came in and had the same thing. Haha the screams were amazing! My masseur must have thought I was either dead or mute...

Last edited:
Having been in a kebab shop and listened to an altercation between one such delivery driver and the kebab shop man, I decided that I would not use such services. Basically the driver had a history of *just eating* the customer order and marking as delivered. The kebab guy was angry as he was losing regular customers because of it. My mate had a story of ordering about £25 of Five Guys for him and the family. The website took his details from Facebook which only had the postcode not the house number. He saw the driver take his food to a neighbour. Driver was not interested and neither were the customer service agents. The neighbours ate the order without even questioning it and thought it was their lucky day. That only strengthened my resolve. "Luckily" I have a chippy and a kebab shop opposite my house. Diet starts tomorrow.
Is this why delivery guys are usually overweight?

That reminds me of a time in Singapore. It’s ultra humid and I was sweating like crazy every day at work so I decided to get my back waxed to reduce the sweating. I called this beauty salon and I asked for a back wax.
The lady sounded surprised and embarrassed at the other end of the phone and quickly replied “Oh no no sir ! We don’t do sack wax”.
I could hear all the other ladies in the salon laughing in the background. I couldn’t stop laughing myself after she said it. The Scottish accent could pose a bit of a challenge sometimes.
This must be how manscaping began lool

Have now totally given up on takeaways; always late always cold, just not worth the hassle. Easier to put a decent pizza in the oven wait 18 minutes and be sure you have your food quicker hotter and better than any takeaway delivery service. Even picking up a takeaway (if ordered over the phone initially) usually produces poor results. Last one I ordered a few weeks ago, eventually arrived 2 hours after it was ordered, obviously was late and cold; took me 5 phone calls to eventually get a full refund; but me and takeaways are finished.

I ordered a Thai take out from within the restaurant on Saturday. However, pre covid they had room for take out patrons to sit. Yesterday after being bumped by waiting staff nonstop I popped to the pub opposite for a pint and 15 minutes wait.

Back
Top Bottom