June 2022 Acquisitions

Design 94 Titanium DE Safety Razor

gqdaidM.png

Mail call from Truefitt & Hill!

IMG_1263.jpg

I've never used any of their products and so when I saw they very helpfully had reasonably priced sample sets available on their website, I pressed the button. I ordered both the scents and the soaps/balms samplers, as well as a tube of their West Indian Limes shaving cream. This has definitely passed the sniff test and will be used on the next shave.

IMG_1268.jpg

I tried a couple of their better known colognes, just to start me off. I found the 1805 excellent. “Oceanic with notes of white melon, bergamot and lemon, moss, amber and musk.” Yum!

IMG_1265.jpg

Next was Trafalgar. “Spicy wood, lemongrass, bergamot orange, spice, amber and musk.” Very similar but it includes SPICE, as in Bay Spice and dries to a musky bay smell. Bay spice does nothing other than remind me of painful trips to the dentist and dental pain. No. Thank you but no.

Finally I tried the West Indian Limes cologne. I’ve used Trumper’s West Indian Limes cologne for years but have always looked out for a rival. While I liked the Truefitt & Hill cologne, it is far sweeter - it actually smells like a lemon drop. It may be longer lasting and more complex than the Trumper’s but I still prefer my old favourite.

So 1805 is the winner at this early stage of the extensive testing to come. :)

Another Couple of brushes en route as the wife continues her spending spree lol.
Iv actually told her enough is enough but there you go she’s still at it so i’m giving her away free to a good home.
Both Chisel & Hound 26mm V15s
Great Handles Great Knots BUT i feel i have to many,
I’m just as happy with a Yaqi lol

View attachment 89658View attachment 89659
Beautiful brushes Mike!!!

Paul.

Another Couple of brushes en route as the wife continues her spending spree lol.
Iv actually told her enough is enough but there you go she’s still at it so i’m giving her away free to a good home.
Both Chisel & Hound 26mm V15s
Great Handles Great Knots BUT i feel i have to many,
I’m just as happy with a Yaqi lol

View attachment 89658View attachment 89659
They are absolutely stunning! It’s hard to work out which is better looking!

Back
Top Bottom