JUNE 2021 ACQUISITIONS

Bottle of Gillette Series Wild Rain ...

ACtC-3d2OF72g2-lX7oB4u7gaOXo7i9FJgvi4qt9m72bHlT8UttlmHHjECRmIPDgml9X-0rqkoow1y_YDyGgHfZO2bMljOF4lZt0kpDxobxD-CPOdLRG3OL2b5wYufyd6CKWqo2paqvVUcqz__pMgX8TPnUUOQ=s800

... no date code on the box, but it's from the '90s.

Fragrance clones from Scentville: Amouage Epic Man and Creed Bois du Portugal. Shipping was quite slow, but they arrived in good condition. I have never smelled the originals, so I don't know how similar they actually are, but they smell good in the bottles.
fK5206S.jpg
I always pop into Selfridges or Harvey Nichols and have a good gander at the high end perfumes ( for men obviously!) that I fancy before perhaps getting a sample, sometimes I chat up the sales lady to see if I can entice her to give me some samples; what a cad I am!

How would you describe the scent on the toy boy if you don’t mind me asking ?
From the get go all I get is rose - not as dark/rich as mdc but also not exactly bright one - quite a nice balance - then as it develops it goes a bit darker with some spices mixed in (hard to identify with my untrained nose). It is a nice scent - quite playful I’d say. Not sure about daily wear but definitely would wear if going out with girlfriend on a date, going for a night out, maybe even work night out too.

bought it blind and quite happy with the purchase - only 30ml size, but it is nicely priced on notino site (£15.95 for 30ml) - added a small sample with offered free delivery just to evade the postage cost haha

From the get go all I get is rose - not as dark/rich as mdc but also not exactly bright one - quite a nice balance - then as it develops it goes a bit darker with some spices mixed in (hard to identify with my untrained nose). It is a nice scent - quite playful I’d say. Not sure about daily wear but definitely would wear if going out with girlfriend on a date, going for a night out, maybe even work night out too.

bought it blind and quite happy with the purchase - only 30ml size, but it is nicely priced on notino site (£15.95 for 30ml) - added a small sample with offered free delivery just to evade the postage cost haha
Thank you based on that description it’s definitely one for the list

You’re most welcome - I have been eyeing it up for a while myself and bit the bullet when saw this price … I swear normally it’s twice as much just for the 30ml. Definitely happy with that purchase
Yes I’ve looked at it before but let’s just say I’m not the biggest fan of the bottle but having said that if it smells great that’s what counts I can hide the hideous bottle out of sight and live with it if it means I get a nice masculine rose scent for putting up with it lol

Yes I’ve looked at it before but let’s just say I’m not the biggest fan of the bottle but having said that if it smells great that’s what counts I can hide the hideous bottle out of sight and live with it if it means I get a nice masculine rose scent for putting up with it lol
I actually love the bottle - really gives off the same playfulness as the edp itself haha!
you can always take off the top and substitute with some other cover !

I’d say in the first drydown phase, it’s something between masculine and unisex scent. Could imagine some Boss woman to wear it, but after the dry down (30 mins) definitely is masculine rose with spices IMO

I actually love the bottle - really gives off the same playfulness as the edp itself haha!
you can always take off the top and substitute with some other cover !

I’d say in the first drydown phase, it’s something between masculine and unisex scent. Could imagine some Boss woman to wear it, but after the dry down (30 mins) definitely is masculine rose with spices IMO
Haha yes it’s that top that does it lol..Rose is one of those scents it’s seen as feminine and although it’s never really a masculine scent it’s difficult to come by a nice Rose with a more masculine take on it so I know just what you mean..a more masculine take on a rose scent sound wonderful to me. I’m quite into fresh bright citrus aquatic and unisex scents so I know by your description it’s going to be one for me..will just have to be a headless teddy bear lol

Haha yes it’s that top that does it lol..Rose is one of those scents it’s seen as feminine and although it’s never really a masculine scent it’s difficult to come by a nice Rose with a more masculine take on it so I know just what you mean..a more masculine take on a rose scent sound wonderful to me. I’m quite into fresh bright citrus aquatic and unisex scents so I know by your description it’s going to be one for me..will just have to be a headless teddy bear lol
You'll definitely enjoy it then Jay!

Back
Top Bottom