JUNE 2021 ACQUISITIONS

I never like to have too much stuff, so I have a history of selling lots and buying smaller amounts to replace. Over the years I’ve really got to know what I like razor wise, and actually im pretty content with where I am. I have 3 razors, 3 brushes and 4 soaps.

I reckon I’ll add to that with soaps but apart from that it’s only really a straight razor that would have me buying anything else.

I think you might be on to something. For my my main hobby (guitars) I am coming to appreciate I enjoy playing them more with a few choices.

What are the three soaps you settled on?

I think it's important to find the set up which suits your own individual needs the most.

I think you might be on to something. For my my main hobby (guitars) I am coming to appreciate I enjoy playing them more with a few choices.

What are the three soaps you settled on?

I think it's important to find the set up which suits your own individual needs the most.
I’ve got 4 soaps, all from noble otter which include the matching splashes. This is quite specific to me, as I’ve used other brands that I’ve loved the scents and performance but either from first use or later on down the line my skin has reacted to, where that be tallow or vegan based.

Noble otter has never given me that, they have nice scents and although this is superficial I really like the labelling. It’s easy to lather and with matching splash and a good Unscented balm it’s great for me. I do wish my skin didn’t react to anything but that’s just the way it is. I’ll probably buy more noble otter if a scent takes my fancy (I missed out on Orbit for instance).

ACtC-3eXeVbjGBgIJ6w-HAW-8J8MMmV_9G79Mk7oiwJ-WDNXHY3JI3kblmExAc648TkriEhrDQ3Z31tB0CE_2WSxTEg7liJXhGzgMGWFEjCaE1DbzTuk3djjuUwAklejlxH5__irdsXExXS8dsVP_-Zr9LlOrg=w1200

NOS Ever-Ready Bristle brush
Another ??? Bristle brush
Free Tech chucked in :D

Just came back from holidays and the postman had been kind enough to place a Rex Envoy in the mailbox just waiting for my arrival.. (y)(y)
What an extremely well made and very fine shaving razor....

This is a very smooth, non aggressive piece of finely engineered stainless steel.. Great knurling, well balanced, nice and weighty making for an effortless and very close shave....

It's not so easy to compare to a Rockwell 6S as it feels different, it's as efficient as the Rockwell with a 3ish plate.. I used a Gillette Nacet on a 2 pass shave and the results were very very good.... The knurling is very positively aggressive, I will not lose this with soapy or wet fingers.

It's a very modern and stylish tool with excellent tolerances, blade alignment is spot on, although I would say a little tiny bit fiddly when inserting a new blade.....

It's really very, very difficult to find a fault, this is truly a top tier razor in my book...

IMG_20210618_190753.jpg

IMG_20210618_190743.jpg

IMG_20210619_131515_8~3.jpg
Not really shave related but I shall get as much enjoyment from it as I would a stella shave!
John D. Burns latest book, Wild winter is a reminder of the wonder of nature and the importance of caring for our environment.
In his winter journey through the mountains and bothies of the Highlands, John finds adventure, humour and a deep sense of connection with this wild land.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom