Johnsons Baby Oil

So, has anyone tried it as a Pre Shave Treatment?

I did tonight, and I thought it did a wonderful job of softening my beard. I had a very comfortable shave and the only real difference from normal was the additional Baby Oil step.

I'm sure all Pre Shave treatments do a similiar thing, but I haven't tried any others, and this has to be one of the cheapest.

How was your razor when you'd finished? I used some shave oil recently and the head of the razor ended up needing a bit of a clean afterwards. It did give a really good shave though.

I didn't notice it affecting the lather at all.

I just rubbed a bit of oil on my warm and wet face and left it there and lathered on top.

The razor doesn't look any worse than normal but all it has had is a rinse so far. The weeks razors will all get properly cleaned at the weekend.

Might have to try this. Cheap indeed. I was going to try the cheapo boots freshwood electric shaving balm as the smell takes me back a good few years as my Dad used to use the aftershave I think.

I have used it on the head a few times instead of lather.

Was the best head-shave I have ever had, by a country mile.

Fair dues, the razor and the sink took some cleaning, so for that reason it might be some time before I use it again.

An Indian Oil Massage should be on everyone's 'before I die' list!

If you can't get to India, place a bath mat in the shower tray, invite said warm, soft woman - or whomsoever you fancy - and enter shower with a bottle of baby oil. Apply oil liberally and enjoy slithering. Finish off by soaping each other clean. Chuck bath mat into washing machine. Relax together. Mmmmmm!

Guess why my phone went unanswered for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon!

Guess why my phone went unanswered for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon!
Be cool! Be smooth!
Bechet45

It's that exotic cleaning lady again, innit !!!

JohnnyO. \:blush:

I've learned things about Mr Bechet that I never thought I would.

On the subject of oil, I've been known to indulge in a bit of T+H pre shave oil from time to time, (16 months on and still half a bottle left, which tells you how often)... I do like it, but everything does need cleaning more thoroughly afterwards. The sink is a bit of a 'mare.
Does it make the shave better? Probably, marginally. I do it because I like the smell and I like the little massage on the face. Just extends the ritual and the enjoyment a bit, it's purely a weekend thing.

Putting the unwanted mental images aside, my biggest concern would be any effect upon the shaving brush as that would be much more difficult to clean than a razor, a sink, or a woman.

Ian

After reading this thread I bought a bottle of Johnsons Baby oil on Saturday and noticed that it can also be had in a gel form. Don't know if the gel has any advantage over the oil but I intend to give it a try.

Why not try a vegetable (as opposed to mineral) oil? Most of them that I've tried seem to latch on to the soap (tallow or veg). So a search for some great diy oil blends, and if you (are lucky and) have good skin, try an oil-cleanse instead of washing, then shave. Silicon oil is weird stuff, all things considered it stays in the cabinet until I travel, to use it up.
ps do not lick your lips, paraffin oil is a laxative!
love'n'joy
Lloyd

Back
Top Bottom