Jetting in from Middlesbrough

Hi, just discovered the site today and after a few hours reading a few topics i've decided to join straight up.

I've always used a mach3 except for a brief flirtation with a wilkinson sword i got for xmas many years ago, but after growing a full beard for "movember" i decided to go for a turkish shave to celebrate getting rid of my beard and i'm now hooked.

I'm looking to eventually use an open razor but am going to start my journey with a double edge so any tips you've all got are very welcome.

Cheers

Phil

Hi & very welcome CookyP. First tip I'd give would be to never ask for any tips as you'll be inundated with loadsa sometimes conflicting advice. In the spirit however of trying to be constructive, if you send me your addy in an Im I'll send you down some various blades to try out. I'll also try and pop in a coupla samples of shaving creams, soaps, if I can get suitable containers. That'll maybe help in getting you started. Depending on how much you want to spend the Muehle 89 & the Edwin Jagger equivalent are both very nice razors indeed, and Badger & Hone have a special discount TSR offer running at the moment if you're fast.Check in the Vendors heading.

JohnnyO. \ :D

Hi & Welcome!

If you're looking for a vintage DE that is good, there is a Superspeed being piffed on BST right now, if you're quick....

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6381" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6381</a><!-- l -->

Max

Back
Top Bottom