Japan to release 100,000,000 tonnes of radioactive water into the sea.

More worried about pollution of the ocean and over fishing along with the trade in ivory products and the poaching of the elephants for this ivory, not to mention rhino horn and the distruction of the natural habitats that panda's and mountain gorillas need to survive, however because of habit distruction are now close to extinction.
I did not mention C02 immission.

Paul.

But what happens when they are protected is that................BOOM!!! Black Market prices soar & the profit margin goes through the roof. See U.S. Prohibition history. That's not to say BM that there doesn't need to be some sort of protection, but making something more in demand isn't it.

But what happens when they are protected is that................BOOM!!! Black Market prices soar & the profit margin goes through the roof. See U.S. Prohibition history. That's not to say BM that there doesn't need to be some sort of protection, but making something more in demand isn't it.
So, what do you do, without all the protection that is taking place in the world's national parks the elephants, rhinos, gorillas and panda's would already be gone, no more, extinct, how do you tell the next generation we did nothing to protect them so now they have gone the way of the Dodo!

Paul.

So, what do you do, without all the protection that is taking place in the world's national parks the elephants, rhinos, gorillas and panda's would already be gone, no more, extinct, how do you tell the next generation we did nothing to protect them so now they have gone the way of the Dodo!

Paul.

Fly to Mecca & tell the sheiks they have it all wrong about rhino horn knives.

Fly to Mecca & tell the sheiks they have it all wrong about rhino horn knives.
Do you think it's ok for them to have knives part made of rhino horn?
If so then there is no point in the continuation of this subject with you, I hope you don't feel this is an ok thing to be doing.

The trade in rhino horn is illegal in most countries in the world, as it should be, to kill and butcher a majestic animal like that to make trinkets and such things is beyond belief to most right thinking people.

If they like to show off their perceived status by having such things just goes to show they are an ill informed backward people, just like people who like to have ivory trinkets on their mantle pieces.

If I was 30 years younger I would be in Africa with an AK-47 working alongside the park rangers who work so hard trying to stop the savage poaching of such animals.

Everyone needs to be passionate about something and I don't much care what anyone thinks or says, I will not change my stance on this subject.

Paul.

Last edited:
If this thread is to be continued I would suggest a new post as this is in the joke's and funnies section and there is nothing funny about this subject.
I was only responding to the original post about toxic water going to be pumped into the ocean by the Japanese.

I apologize to the moderation team.

Paul.

You missed the point, and you and your AK47 are on the wrong end of the market. As long as there are wealthy buyers there will be less wealthy people willing to earn that money any way they can. You kill one poacher, there will be ten to take his place.

iu

Just to put this 100 million tonne volume of contaminated water into context - there is an estimated 1,450,000,000,000,000,000 short tons of water in the earth’s oceans so the release will represent 1 part in 1,450,000,000,000. Given that the contamination level of the stored water is already very low, do you think the danger is being exaggerated?

Just to put this 100 million tonne volume of contaminated water into context - there is an estimated 1,450,000,000,000,000,000 short tons of water in the earth’s oceans so the release will represent 1 part in 1,450,000,000,000. Given that the contamination level of the stored water is already very low, do you think the danger is being exaggerated?
They are already getting higher radiation levels in the water off of our east coast from the reactors original failure after the tsunami, this will be much, much worse. All of their floating crap that washed out to sea has come here as a result of the wind and sea currents. Whatever they discard into the water comes here, it doesn't magically disappear.

It is as low as the low levels of tritium that is released from our fleet of nuclear submarines so yes if full dilution by the ocean currents is achieved quickly then the danger will be on the low side of things.

Paul.

They are already getting higher radiation levels in the water off of our east coast from the reactors original failure after the tsunami, this will be much, much worse. All of their floating crap that washed out to sea has come here as a result of the wind and sea currents. Whatever they discard into the water comes here, it doesn't magically disappear.
What is your scientific source for the claim that it will be much worse?

Back
Top Bottom