January 2021 - Vintage Month

Continuing the thread:
Vintage month wasn't very kind to me given the pressure of work and, until this shave, I was 10 days' bearded and still didn't find time to post the pics. So it was a while ago. However, the boar brush is marked Cussons: Made in England (although faded) - I've posted previously that it appears to be a generic brush (I've found it in Boot sets); it would be good to know who was producing these.
1960 Flare Tip (F3). Vintage Imperial Leather soap. The Personna 74 is the last of this holder. The aftershave is quite light - floral, powdery with wood and spice. It reminded me of something I couldn't initially place, then it hit me - Mouchoir de Monsieur. Shared notes bergamot, lavender, geranium, patchouli, cedar wood, musk, tonka bean. Really very nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0359.JPG
    IMG_0359.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Continuing the thread:
Vintage month wasn't very kind to me given the pressure of work and, until this shave, I was 10 days' bearded and still didn't find time to post the pics. So it was a while ago. However, the boar brush is marked Cussons: Made in England (although faded) - I've posted previously that it appears to be a generic brush (I've found it in Boot sets); it would be good to know who was producing these.
1960 Flare Tip (F3). Vintage Imperial Leather soap. The Personna 74 is the last of this holder. The aftershave is quite light - floral, powdery with wood and spice. It reminded me of something I couldn't initially place, then it hit me - Mouchoir de Monsieur. Shared notes bergamot, lavender, geranium, patchouli, cedar wood, musk, tonka bean. Really very nice.
The bulldozers have now moved in to demolish the first ever Cussons soap factory in the country.

I know, it's not January. But here's my entry anyway (the handle arrived later than expected):

sotd_134.jpg

Back
Top Bottom