January 2021 - Vintage Month

25/1/21

Vintage Month

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Soap - MWF
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Winner Platinum (2)
Post - Cien Aqua

Second time using this new Yaqi and it shed a few hairs, which is unusual for a synth, but it produced a delightful lather with MWF today, it'd been a while since I last used it and it really does produce a great lather and the post shave feel is superb.
The blade was a bit scratchy for yesterday's shave, I think that was down to a poor lather but today it was so smooth, at times it felt like were was no blade in the razor, I was planning to just do the one pass but my face felt little resistance on the first pass so I went ahead with another additional pass.
I find this blade seems to really suit my vintage Gillettes.

Have a good start to the week chaps.

There is no "way back up", you're just in denial!

Tony'schin said;
ezgif-7-431216fe147b.gif

You must be running the original blade in your 7 day set - how have you honed it?
I did 1 blade for starters.
I basically used electricians tape,
I taped the spine and extended the tabs so a had something to hold, then gently onto the hone progression, it takes a while but seemed to work.
I am toying with using thin weavers cane and taping it to the blade spine to see if that works - eventually.
T

28/1/21

Vintage Month

Soap - Proraso Super Formula White Shaving Cream
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Lancet Super Stainless (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
Signature Soaps - Danum Splash

First time using a Lancet Super Stainless, which lacked a bit of smoothness for a few strokes of the first pass but was delightfully smooth thereafter. Another blade that seems to work delightfully well with the FHTech; I'm not entirely sure but I find old Gillette razors pair really well with subcontinent blades.

29/1/21

Vintage Month

Soap - Proraso Super Formula Green Shaving Cream
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Lord Platinum (1)
Post - Benjamins Bay Rum

Yesterday's I used the new Super Formula White Shaving Cream, and didn't have the best shave as it seemed to react unfavourably with my skin, but had no such problem with using the new SF Green cream today. I've read some very favourable reports of it and if I'm honest it seemed very similar to the old formulation.

The Lord Platinum seemed to pair very well with the FHT, sharper than the Shark Stainless I used a few days ago, and with the lather I had a nice irritation free shave.

Have a good Friday gents.

Back
Top Bottom