January 2021 - Vintage Month

Vintage ER1914 today

sotd_133.jpg
I love that handle

Sunday 17th January

ACtC-3f5LauWvDtM0U-Rdk-4cEyXfmy0fVznyLZNoN3RzwwfIT2Vk6Eh3o932VEF7RBhlzTYxYoFvasU2JXsGl2TOhchTCjh4fS08vuWI_0160kl7Zc5VKYlCis4AALGn81wFCg6UMreBecJfCuux6JYb1gkTg=w800

Wash with French Pink Clay & Charcoal Soap
Lather up with VITOS Classic & Macy Associates No.4 w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre 21mm
Single pass shave with mirror polished Muhle Rocca R96 & Vidyut Stainless (Economy) (3)
Hot rinse, cold rinse & Jade East Aftershave​

Vintage?

Yeah! Beetleware bakelite soap pot, Macy Associates shaving brush (albeit reknotted) and vintage splash: Jade East.

Jade East? You say ...

ACtC-3eXe_Dwi9UZ4N0RaLsfbo2kHmAeO0aALDQ2F7fzL4xYFRyyE043Hsv2XtWwtP_jW169PYS2fgnSD-fPKb6u5M8Zl_7bfEsJhW7Oo72Rk8XmjUkqYHPb2_VRUwHw-Sq9gErZ3rqGnLgdOU16q_p5MvTC2w=w400

Proper vintage splash that had me dancing a little in the bathroom, but I have a tough enough hide that it wasn't a full-on 'Home Alone'.

Scent? Well, usual '70s, it's green, slightly woody, very musky, touch of artemesia (which I particularly like and find in most of the frags that I say I like) and a touch of anise. It's sorta like splashing Ouzo and cat piss on your face.

18/1/21

Vintage Month

Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Vitos Red
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

The Personna Lab Blue used to be a blade I really liked, I can't argue with the results in the slightest bit, it produced a very close shave with excellent regrowth 24 hours after but during the shave the blade in my go to razors (a few different Techs) always feels quite rough and I seem to get a lot more aftershave burn than with the same razor and using an Astra SP for example.

Now that I have settled on my rotation of razors - Souplex, Old/New Type, Fat/Flat Bottom/Ball End, Sportsman Tech I might cull/PIF the blades which do not work in these razors.

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week.

Sunday 17th January

ACtC-3f5LauWvDtM0U-Rdk-4cEyXfmy0fVznyLZNoN3RzwwfIT2Vk6Eh3o932VEF7RBhlzTYxYoFvasU2JXsGl2TOhchTCjh4fS08vuWI_0160kl7Zc5VKYlCis4AALGn81wFCg6UMreBecJfCuux6JYb1gkTg=w800

Wash with French Pink Clay & Charcoal Soap
Lather up with VITOS Classic & Macy Associates No.4 w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre 21mm
Single pass shave with mirror polished Muhle Rocca R96 & Vidyut Stainless (Economy) (3)
Hot rinse, cold rinse & Jade East Aftershave​

Vintage?

Yeah! Beetleware bakelite soap pot, Macy Associates shaving brush (albeit reknotted) and vintage splash: Jade East.

Jade East? You say ...

ACtC-3eXe_Dwi9UZ4N0RaLsfbo2kHmAeO0aALDQ2F7fzL4xYFRyyE043Hsv2XtWwtP_jW169PYS2fgnSD-fPKb6u5M8Zl_7bfEsJhW7Oo72Rk8XmjUkqYHPb2_VRUwHw-Sq9gErZ3rqGnLgdOU16q_p5MvTC2w=w400

Proper vintage splash that had me dancing a little in the bathroom, but I have a tough enough hide that it wasn't a full-on 'Home Alone'.

Scent? Well, usual '70s, it's green, slightly woody, very musky, touch of artemesia (which I particularly like and find in most of the frags that I say I like) and a touch of anise. It's sorta like splashing Ouzo and cat piss on your face.
Ouzo and cat piss! Sounds right up my street, where do I buy it? :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom