January 2021 - Vintage Month

The New is indeed a surprisingly smooth shaver and very much designed for the kind of shaving you just did. Now, doesn't it feel a lot better? Beards! Huh!

The majority of my razors are on the milder side of things, but it's good to have a few options for the days to mow down a few more days of growth and I can see the New OC being my razor of choice for those days.

It's great to have the beard off my face!

14/01/21 - Vintage Month

Razor: Schick Type M
Blade: Personna (3)
Brush: AP Shave SynBad
Soap: Pannacrema Nuavia Rosa
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: Floïd Suave
ASB: Floïd

IMG_20210113_155131.jpg

I rate the E and L types as better than the M but it's still a perfectly fine injector. The Pannacrema was simply stunning. What a soap! Thanks for the chance to try it @RussellR5555

16/01/21 - Vintage Month

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Slim Adjustable M2 (#5)
Blade: Gillette Super Blue Blade
Brush: FS 24mm G4
Soap: Wickham Shamrock Tweed
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: TGS Abysso

IMG_20210116_084638.jpg

I'm not sure what I make of this blade. It wasn't a particularly smooth shave. Not tuggy but a little bit rough. I'll reserve judgement until I've used it a bit more. To top it all off, the Abysso splash irritated my face (first time I've used it).

16/01/21 - Vintage Month

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Slim Adjustable M2 (#5)
Blade: Gillette Super Blue Blade
Brush: FS 24mm G4
Soap: Wickham Shamrock Tweed
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: TGS Abysso

View attachment 63329

I'm not sure what I make of this blade. It wasn't a particularly smooth shave. Not tuggy but a little bit rough. I'll reserve judgement until I've used it a bit more. To top it all off, the Abysso splash irritated my face (first time I've used it).

Was the blade on the sharper side of things? Some blades (eg Lab Blue) are a bit rough on the first shave, but settle in and are better with a shave or two under it's belt.

Vintage ER1914 today

sotd_133.jpg

Back
Top Bottom