January 2017 Aquisitions

I spotted this on amazon and thought it would make a nice handle for my Razorock Hawk, the Hawk works perfectly how it is but after trying it with a heavier handle I liked that too. The whole razor you see below was £16.99 and the handle is stainless steel painted black, it looks like a black Maggard MR5. The razor is sold by manlystuff.ie. as well as on amazon.

Awesome! I hope that you will post a SOTD with this soon.

Awesome! I hope that you will post a SOTD with this soon.
Thanks...I was disappointed at first. As we know, these razors were made for wedge shaped blades and the contemporary ones (Gem Personna) can move a bit, as they're slimmer. So my first shave was a bit hit-and-miss. But, with a full shim to increase the width of the ridge end, matters improved. It is, I suppose, what could be called 'aggressive' though. Quite rough on the upper lip; but that was operator error, I reckon.

Hiya,

I retired last month just before Christmas and somehow got a bit of a bonus that I was planning on buying a gently used Harley with. I've had 4 bikes in the past including Harleys and Nortons and Beezers, but nothing for many years now. Looked at a few at some dealerships and realized my motorcycle riding days were behind me....well riding one safely anyway.

So instead I recently acquired a tiny two seater 2008 convertible called a Saturn Sky Redline which most of you never heard of. Got a turbo hooked to a 5 speed tranny and it's pretty fun, plus it's got a LOT more protection than a bike does. Pretty well loaded with options in a dusty blue/gray color with a tan top and just under 33,000 miles. Heck of a kick with the top down, having tried that once so far.

Hah, not that I am trying for feeling younger than my true geezerness or anything......

Martin

Last edited:
Enjoy your retirement Martin.