Its slippy out...

nasty

funny how the slightest bit of bad weather leads to panic buying at the supermarkets, people getting in a flap and infrastructure grinding to a halt.

just how the feck do these scandanavians manage :?
more to the point, why doesn't someone ASK THEM :roll:

It is all rather stupid.
I went to work yesterday at 7:30 on my bike. People were still crawling up my road because there was slush on it.
It was good fun though, i was in the bus lane which still had slush on and was less clear then where the cars were, and i was going past them all.
Same with coming home. Along one road which just had loads of slush on cars were going pretty slowly for no real reaon. There was plenty of grip, and thats me with skinny tyres on.
Great fun on some of the side roads on the bike :cool:

I was forced to get a lift home from my GFs on sunday by her dad, who has a Landrover. No trouble in that either, with loads of other people crawling along when the bit of road they are on is fine.

i'm looking at 2nd hand hi-lux's online now :lol:

i feel the need for 4wd,bull-bars, a winch, air-horns and gun rack.

move over peasants - yee-haw!

hando said:
i'm looking at 2nd hand hi-lux's online now :lol:

i feel the need for 4wd,bull-bars, a winch, air-horns and gun rack.

move over peasants - yee-haw!

Thump car.

Cars not so strong now is it ;)

We can' t do the Scandinavian thing because it makes too much sense....super efficient homes, transportation that works you know stuff that costs. Actually in our generally temperate climate it's not worth that sort of extra investment, having said that the gritter finally came past today about 3 days too late as I'd already bought 100 tubs of Saxa.

The roads seem pretty good around here, though the pavements are lethal now the snow's been well trampled down by the stampeding hordes. Last year the highways people got caught out by the first proper snowfall and driving really was rather ... interesting. I nearly split my sides when I saw some seriously wtf'ed numpty do a perfect pirouette across a mini roundabout having stamped on his brakes and wound up facing the way he'd come. Might have been much less amusing if it wasn't daft o'clock in the morning, which is why it's worth being a bit circumspect driving in snow: never underestimate other people's capacity for stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom