Italian Barber Intros Tech Clone

Same here, I was going to get their new Dead Sea Soap and at checkout, I found it would cost an additional $7 AND they are currently backlogged on their orders. I am considering ordering that razor from the link Bogeyman provided. $10 and free shipping. So it will take three weeks, not like it's my only razor.
There you go & you save on shipping. About 3 weeks is right as I get blades shipped from Hong Kong & its about 3 weeks & sometime less. If thats not a Baily Razor I would be very surprised.

I'm just waiting to see how much Razorock charges for it. If it around $10, I might pick it up from him along with the Dead Sea soap. If it's $20 like the rest of his budget razors, then Aliexpress gets the order and I wait.

I'm just waiting to see how much Razorock charges for it. If it around $10, I might pick it up from him along with the Dead Sea soap. If it's $20 like the rest of his budget razors, then Aliexpress gets the order and I wait.
I emailed them & they said it would be around 10 Bucks. Figure in the shipping for 7 Bucks & the Chinese Baili Razor almost comes to 20 Bucks. If its a heavy metal Razor the shipping might be more. I got an almost new Gillette Tech razor from the Bay for 16 bucks shipped & I know its far better than the Baili Razor. I have a couple of their shave soaps & they are very good soaps.

I wonder how does this Italian Barber/Razorock Tech clone compare to the Rimei razor (the moderately aggressive Tech clone from Deal Extreme)? Because, beyond the handle of the Baili and the so called Italian Barber label, I don't really see the point...o_O

Edit: I have got a Yi Jingli Tech whose the head is a true Tech head clone (it shaves the same way as my Gillette Tech made in Mexico); it can be found for £2 or £3, you just need to replace the plastic handle.

Last edited:
I'm going to order one and get it for free with their new special. I received their e-mail offer today:

All you have to do, to get your free razor, is...

1) Spend $35 USD before taxes or shipping at ItalianBarber.com

2) Include at least 1 RazoRock Shaving Soap in your order

3) Type "Labor Day FREE RAZOR Promo" in the order notes

If you do these three things you will get our new RazoRock TECK II DE razor included with your order FREE! This is a new and improved version of the vintage Gillette TECH razor... better chroming, no blade tabs exposed and more weight. A truly mild and efficient shaver.

I have no qualms about supporting Italian Barber as they are a great benefit to the shaving community and have some really neat & innovative stuff. I love their XXX Shave Soap for example. It helps to support small vendors when possible as I don't want to end up in the future waiting weeks for everything to come by ocean "barge" from China and then be SOL if I need customer service. I did however order from China on 3 Aug. the Gillette kit in my avatar and have no idea when it will arrive (if ever). First time I have ever ordered directly from there.

I'm going to order one and get it for free with their new special. I received their e-mail offer today:

If you do these three things you will get our new RazoRock TECK II DE razor included with your order FREE! This is a new and improved version of the vintage Gillette TECH razor... better chroming, no blade tabs exposed and more weight. A truly mild and efficient shaver.

I have no qualms about supporting Italian Barber as they are a great benefit to the shaving community and have some really neat & innovative stuff. I love their XXX Shave Soap for example. It helps to support small vendors when possible as I don't want to end up in the future waiting weeks for everything to come by ocean "barge" from China and then be SOL if I need customer service. I did however order from China on 3 Aug. the Gillette kit in my avatar and have no idea when it will arrive (if ever). First time I have ever ordered directly from there.

So, your are going to spend 35 Bucks + shipping to get a FREE Chinese Razor probably worth 5 Bucks wholesale..??? That makes sense to me.! I have an Ocean Front property to sell you in Arizona.:)

Last edited:
I've shipped to the states a few times when trading on the Reddit forum, I've always been able to track it from my door to theirs without using a single carrier, just the regular Irish international postal system

Guys, I tried to tell you...

A buddy & I had been holding off a combined Italian Barber order for a few months until this one came out so even if it's a dud I won't be out of anything since it's a bonus freebie. With luck, it'll be here by the end of next week.

A buddy & I had been holding off a combined Italian Barber order for a few months until this one came out so even if it's a dud I won't be out of anything since it's a bonus freebie. With luck, it'll be here by the end of next week.
Its possible the Razor could be good. Please give us a review after it arrives by way of Dog Sled from Canada.;)

Well, after all the freebies give away, the remainder finally went on sale yesterday. I picked one up because the Dead Sea Soap finally came back in stock and shipping was the same. We shall see what the hype is all about.

Well, mine came today and I shaved with it right away. To be objective I used a new Astra SP with Arko soap as those are two of the most common benchmarks in DE shaving. The shave was fantastic and to be frank I think it would be even better with a top tier blade. You could do a Helluva lot worse for $10 U.S. Very heavy handle and nary a flaw anywhere on the entire razor. Yes, it's a Zamak head obviously. I will "wring" it out this week. ;)

Anyone that uses an Astra SP blade & Arko soap has to be a great guy IMO. So the blade on both sides of the Baili Razor are straight across with even blade gap on both sides.? Almost all Razors use Zamak now except Top Tier Razors. The Zamak head won't affect the shave. Let us know how it goes with the shaves.!

After some more shaves I have reached a few conclusions. The resultant shave with this razor is exactly like that of a post-war Tech, but (and it's a big but) it is smoother. This new Teck II has what is IMO a better way to hold the blade with the four corner "points". That, coupled with a slightly more ergonomic head, gives a tad smoother shave IMO. It is not aggressive by any means.

With that said, I think this is still an excellent daily shaver (perhaps better) for those who like the post-war Tech aggression. But far more than that, this just may be the ne plus ultra DE razor for neophytes when you combine the aforementioned qualities as well as price point. It is incredibly smooth. The perfect beginner or "loaner" DE razor. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom