It shaves my leg but not my face.

CjH

So I have a few old razors that were given to me some time back. I'd love to get them all shave ready but alas I'm crap at honing it seems.
I have a 3000/8000 stone. And a leather/material strop

I can get them sharp enough to shave some hairs off my leg but on my face it basically just scrapes the soap off.

I do 20 pushing passes of each side of the blade on each stone and then to the best of my ability 50-100 strops on the leather.

If its sharp enough to do leg hair is it nearly there and it's down to stropping or am I still way off?

So I have a few old razors that were given to me some time back. I'd love to get them all shave ready but alas I'm crap at honing it seems.
I have a 3000/8000 stone. And a leather/material strop

I can get them sharp enough to shave some hairs off my leg but on my face it basically just scrapes the soap off.

I do 20 pushing passes of each side of the blade on each stone and then to the best of my ability 50-100 strops on the leather.

If its sharp enough to do leg hair is it nearly there and it's down to stropping or am I still way off?
I’m no razor honer but I think you’re still way off. My wood carving knives will pop the hair off my arms and legs with very little resistance but I couldn’t put them near my face. (I’ve tried - silly git that I am :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom