Is this the right razor?

Gillette.jpg
Hi guys,
I picked up this little razor in a Bakelite box thinking it must be around 1930's and all brass underneath the plating.
It arrived today and I have to say I was a little disappointed because the base plate and handle are aluminium identical to the 1950's one that I brought in a nice little travel set. hmmmmmm
Would you say this is right for that kit or has the razor been swapped out at some point for a later model?

The earlier Made in England Techs were flat bottomed and a more yellow nickel plate colour, the ball end handle and diamond base plate Made in England were much later unless I’ve got it all wrong.

The light weight alloy ones are lovely shavers. My intro to DE about 10 years ago was with one of these. One of those with a 7o’clock yellow was superb. Of course I had to try as many razors as @Boycie83 has soaps to discover that I should have stuck with what I started out with.

The case is '40's and the razor could be a '50, so they my have come from the factory that way.

Your handle has pretty good shine for aluminum, are you sure about that?

1950%20(V3%20on%20blade)%20Aluminum%20Tech%20No32%20England.JPG

The case is '40's and the razor could be a '50, so they my have come from the factory that way.

Your handle has pretty good shine for aluminum, are you sure about that?

1950%20(V3%20on%20blade)%20Aluminum%20Tech%20No32%20England.JPG
Yes positive, I put it on the scale to make sure and it was 30g.
Like you I was fooled by the photo lol hence why I brought it.
I will be getting the seller to weigh it on my next purchase because I wanted the other one.

View attachment 64980
Hi guys,
I picked up this little razor in a Bakelite box thinking it must be around 1930's and all brass underneath the plating.
It arrived today and I have to say I was a little disappointed because the base plate and handle are aluminium identical to the 1950's one that I brought in a nice little travel set. hmmmmmm
Would you say this is right for that kit or has the razor been swapped out at some point for a later model?
It often happens that the boxes and razors aren’t original. For instance, I have an English New Improved that came in a box that is Canadian. It still looks a cracking razor, though. I love those ball end Techs...

Back
Top Bottom