Is this common or am I doing something wrong....

Moonbat. That's a good one. One of my buddies refers to conspiracy theorists and the like as 'moon howlers'. Conjours up great mental images (no pun intended). I suppose all this is bordering on un-PC and in my case I don't wish to offend anyone but I do like creative language, and there are some gems popping up here.

My favorite: "Nuttier than a squirrel turd!".

..... Hang on while I get the popcorn....

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

I have experienced duff blades (Personna I think). One edge wouldn't cut, while the other was fine. Some blades good others poor. I stopped buying them after that batch, Fortunately not a lot. So it is possible.
That's exactly what happens. One edge is fine, the other is not.

Never had a defective blade, and I've used gobs of Astra SS and SPs, maybe you're hitting the edge while loading the blade or something. Are you one of those whackjobs who remove the blade after every shave and dry it off? If so, don't do that.
Hahaha, no I'm not a whackjob. Wouldn't have the time nor the inclination to do that

Astra, BIC and Treet are the only brands where I've ever experienced a 'duff' blade and even then I can count the total occurrences on one hand. In this instance I would question whether your stock has potentially deteriorated by being exposed to damp?

I would give these a try. Sharp like the Astra SS, but smoother and £8.41 for 100 UK stockist: https://bigdealsmart.com/collection...e-razor-shaving-blades?variant=39263009505327
Thank you. Where should you store blades out of interest ?

Last edited:
If you are cutting yourself after three years of wetshaving then it ain't the blade. Cuts & irritation (barring allergic reaction to a soap) are always the shaver's fault. Again, it's either faulty prep, bad technique or a razor more aggressive than your needs warrant. One, or a combo, of those three. Don't look for other solutions as there are none and you'll be "wandering in the desert" another three years. There is no shame in admitting that you've been doing something incorrectly.

Back
Top Bottom