Is there a Doctor in the house?

The post office managed to damage a recent razor acquisition. Its a Slim Adjustable that is very nice, but has been bashed in transit so that one side of the head sits lower than the other (this affects both silo doors) the result is that one end adjusts fine, but the blade gap narrows along the head.
Its not the fault of the sender, it was well wrapped - the package seems to have attracted unwanted attention from the GPO, its been tampered with by customs and then the GPO seem to have played rugby with it.
I have had a fiddle but cant seem to alter it. I will try and take a close up photo but Im limited at the mo to a very old Sony DCS which doesnt have Macro.
Are there any razor doctors about who could do something with this?

I've done a bit, tooth and arm hinge straightening but you should find out about getting some compensation. Contact the P.O and see what they say.

Wow!..perhaps they should start selling metal/steel shipping boxes!... :lol:
I dont mean to make fun of...I would be really pissed at the post office..not like you can easily get another!..have em send you $30usd for compensation or somethin similar. :cool:

Blades

My Fatboy was a bit like that when it came, with one of the silo doors sitting higher. I can't remember exactly what I did, but I think I placed it face down on a block of wood and slowly applied gentle pressure until it lined up. A bit risky perhaps but it worked very well for me.

Sadly its not just that one of the silo doors is slightly raised, one end (both sides) has the gap very narrow and the other wide (see photo 3 - its the same on the other side) - its consistent through the range (1 - 9).

hmm..."Ebay find...rare..VERY rare"...lopsided silo doors and few other imperfections..$23usd Buy it now $30usd free shipping.....try listing it like that!... :lol:

Someone will buy it :mrgreen:

B

Blades said:
hmm..."Ebay find...rare..VERY rare"...lopsided silo doors and few other imperfections..$23usd Buy it now $30usd free shipping.....try listing it like that!... :lol:

Someone will buy it :mrgreen:

B

Where is this one listed? Sounds a bargin. :lol: :lol:

Father Ted said:
Sadly its not just that one of the silo doors is slightly raised, one end (both sides) has the gap very narrow and the other wide (see photo 3 - its the same on the other side) - its consistent through the range (1 - 9).

I think I used a fairly wide flat blade screwdriver and gently applied pressure to even the silo doors up. In for a penny, in for a pound and it worked for me.

I share your annoyance, although differently. I've been waiting exactly a month for a 1965 slim adjustable from the US. I've contacted the seller to get a tracking number but he hasn't replied, and I've recently put a claim in through ebay to get them to sort it and get a refund.

Actually this doesn't haVe a great deal to do with your plight, but I sympathise. Think I got it off my chest. Sorry for hijacking your thread

The Silo doors are easily removable and i would do this before trying to get the razor back into alignment lest you damage them in the process.
And i heartily agree with getting some recourse from the Post Office,they act with total disregard for our property and get away with far too much

Dave.

Try straightening the centre bar - you might need a vice and some pliers and wrap the tools in rags or leather as they will be harder than the brass of the razor.

I did it with a couple of Fatboys.

(And no, Matt, that's not me coming out!)

Back
Top Bottom