Irisch Moos - Going?

Hi.

Over on shavemyface, Phil at Bullgoose seems to think that the IM shave stick is about to disappear.

He is a seller of shaving stuff, so I don't know if this is true or if he's just got a shitload to sell ;) , but possibly not good news if you are a fan.

Ian

IanM said:
Hi.

Over on shavemyface, Phil at Bullgoose seems to think that the IM shave stick is about to disappear.

He is a seller of shaving stuff, so I don't know if this is true or if he's just got a shitload to sell, but possibly not good news if you are a fan.

Ian

Yeah, I saw his post over there and I found it surprising. You'd think that the company who makes Irisch Moos woulda discontinued the foul, dead thing smelling first cousin instead. That would of course be Tabac.

Phil's gotta be my favorite guy to buy stuff from. Really good customer service and very fair priced items. Heh, matter of fact, I ordered some shaving cream for my daughter from him yesterday. I sorta doubt he's trying to create a run on Mr Moos. That was already done a few years ago (not by Phil), when there was an extreme shortage of the Moos. There was a hinky kinda way it was being distributed, or something weird like that, and it was very difficult to buy here in the US. Hell, forums even did group buys for the stuff when it was available for some reason.

I quite like how it performs, but the scent is just ok. If my schnozz liked it more it would be in my rotation.

Martin

dodgy said:
I quite like how it performs, but the scent is just ok.

I'm with you there. I bought some about a year back based on what everyone else was saying and I thought it was an okay performer with a poor fragrance. There are plenty of creams out there that perform as well and that smell far better.
It's not up to the hype in my view.

IanM said:
Yes, the "shitload to sell" comment was meant to be tongue in cheek.

Ian

Ohhhh, sarcasm from Ian,

Glad you cleared that up, since Yankees got no sense of humor and always take everything that's written at face value. Yes, we are a lovable (but gullible) bunch.

Well, we DO have some beloved home grown comedians such as Andrew Dice Clay. Very understated humor that wouldn't offend any of us. Sort of like a thinking man's Woody Allen. His specialty was doing kids birthday shows.

He would do nursery rhyme stuff in his jokes.....lot of those started with Hickory Dickory Dock.

Dodgy

dodgy said:
Well, we DO have some beloved home grown comedians such as Andrew Dice Clay. Very understated humor that wouldn't offend any of us. Sort of like a thinking man's Woody Allen. His specialty was doing kids birthday shows.

He would do nursery rhyme stuff in his jokes.....lot of those started with Hickory Dickory Dock.

Dodgy

Hi Martin

I've come across some of his work. It's quite breathtaking in it's subtlety. You have to really concentrate to get the points he's making.

I seem to recall a routine about Hari Krishnas at airports. It was quite beautifully observed.

Anyway, back to the soap, I'd better get some before they sell out then!

I can contribute, also through a German forum, that the IM-stick is no longer produced. The only vendor who has (had) a "shitload" was Irisch Moos itself, but they now say they have nothing anymore. I think most have already been supplied to large drugstores in Germany last year but I haven't seen them there for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom