Interesting watch designs in response to smart watches at Baselworld

I was off work this week and have been reading a lot, spotted the news articles for Baselword which I never heard of before. The traditional watch manufacturers seem to have a few strategies to take on the smart watch but it's anyones call.

Some interesting designs on this BBC article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31979004

[attachment=13439]
[attachment=13438]

I'm not thinking of selling my watches anytime soon but maybe I can pick up a nice mechanical as the smart watches make the manufacturers try a little harder to make me spend.

Anyone got plans for a smart watch to be on their wrist in the next few months?

Attachments

• _81783298_4nwatch.jpg
    _81783298_4nwatch.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 56
  • _81783537_spacepirate.jpg
    _81783537_spacepirate.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 56
@Ian D Very true, I am a simple man and have only two classic daily wearers but I love to look.

However as MR MPH says I am not sure I could restrain myself from owning at least one extravagant timepiece. That would not be a smart watch today but maybe tomorrow....

I've just had a Christopher Ward C65 for my birthday and love it. Couldn't be further from a smart watch if it tried! I would be interested in something that clipped to my strap,to alert me to calls, etc. but I don't feel the need for a full on smart thingy.

No plans for a smart watch as of yet. I'd rather spend the money on another mechanical/kinetic/solar.

Slowly saving up to get that UR-110 in rose gold...

somewhere around 2078 I should be done I reckon :)

Ian D said:
The more complicated designs get, the more traditional and simple my own taste becomes.

Same for me. Just give me a high quality mechanical watch, automatic or manual wind, with a second hand and the date and I'm content. Mind you I prefer cars with manual transmissions, fountain pens and wet shaving; Luddite perhaps, but a happy Luddite.

Back
Top Bottom