Ink + Converter

Thanks for the info! I had no idea of the customisation possible with FPs.

I'll have a look around later today and maybe order a couple.

Chris, I'm really impressed that you know all this stuff. Seriously.
I was impressed with myself that I remembered any of it, 50 yrs + after the Sisters tried to drum Penmanship, using the Palmer Method, into my head.
Impressed that you really seem to have a working knowledge of all these things.

(Drummed involved heavy meter long pointer with a hard rubber point on one end and a eye for hanging on the other, and the thickest 'Yard Sticks' that I've ever seen. They must have had a Church Equip Supply House that sold them)

Merely an interest, John - if you're interested in something, you tend to retain it, plus, sbrebrown's videos are always useful!
Sadly, my penmanship isn't much good, but I try.

I'd be interested to see anything you'd be willing to share, Chris. I like seeing people's handwriting if they take an interest and care in it and I'm sure you do.
I don't have anything worth saying but I like to take my time and write with care.

Trust me, you don't!:icon_rolleyes: One of the side effects of my disability is slack joints, which means that reproducing a loop or curve to the necessary accuracy multiple times is nigh-on impossible - there is inevitably a greater degree of variation than there ought to be. Add to that the fact that I wasn't taught true cursive as a kid (I was one of the first generations to suffer from the notion that handwriting wouldn't matter as much in the future) and the fact that I can't make my cursive slant (in other words, it's pretty much upright), and the end result is that it's illegible if written rapidly, and legible but ugly when I slow down.

Here are a few rather dodgy writing samples with a few pens and inks, excuse the dodgy phone camera:icon_rolleyes:

Love the TWSBI 580 best, nib is smooooth

*edit* the blue black may in fact be 'Saragossa Sea'..cant remember!

Interestingly, Carl, your scruffier, hurried style is more expressive than your "Sunday Best". I rather like your upper-case "S", though - I wouldn't try to copy it as it's yours, but it's very distinctive.

My ? Like of fits here. Seeing I went on a lower cost pen buying spree I decided to try a number of different inks. What better than buying ink samples to see which ones I liked. Bought, from a Internet store that majors in fountain pens, 7-8 samples. Samples came.
Each container has less ink in it than I need to fill a converter. They actually have so little ink that I can not pull any ink into a converter with the nib attached. As a matter of fact they have so little ink that I cannt even fill a convert out side of the pen.
Is this the usual for ink samples?? I wouldnt be so annoyed if hadn't had to buy the samples??
Ideas?