Injectors type N, M and O

Having been curious about trying injectors for a while I recently acquired a Type L (L1) from merwtje. First go with it it this morning. Like it. Can anyone comment on how Types M (adjustable), N and O shave in comparison? I may get another 1 or 2. Is the O still in production?

Ta

shavecraft said:
Having been curious about trying injectors for a while I recently acquired a Type L (L1) from merwtje. First go with it it this morning. Like it. Can anyone comment on how Types M (adjustable), N and O shave in comparison? I may get another 1 or 2. Is the O still in production?

Ta

Hi there,

Good to hear you giving that type of SE razor a shot. That was a fair deal on a good injector model and possibly the vintage blades have worked out well.

You won't find many people who have used both the N and O types. The long handle N isn't that tough to find, but the O is rarely seen. Back maybe 5 years ago, NOS out of production razors were $100 and hard to come by at any price. Can't have gotten any easier finding em I'd guess.

The O is by far the heaviest later model injector...weighs almost as much as a light DE razor. The handle is the best injector design by far..... mostly metal handle and grooved rubber for a good grip. Great handle!

Never tried an O, but I did use a NWC clone years ago.

One thing you may care to try would be the Schick adjustable M type. Can dial it very low to all the way to what feels about the #7 Gillette adjustable setting.

Martin

Cheers Martin

Yep that blade did an excellent job this morning. Very nice. Have you tried the modern Chinese Schick blades? Do they compare well? I think I may try picking up an M. Shame the O is so trickly to get hold of. Like the look of it!

shavecraft said:
Cheers Martin

Yep that blade did an excellent job this morning. Very nice. Have you tried the modern Chinese Schick blades? Do they compare well? I think I may try picking up an M. Shame the O is so trickly to get hold of. Like the look of it!

You may end up finding that old blade to outperform many current ones. Can't say if I've ever tried the blades you have, so I can't give you a reference point. The Chinese Schick isn't bad.....better than the German ones that were the only Schick available till maybe 3-4 years ago. Worth a try though, since a bunch of people do like the Chinese blades a good bit.

Normally I have a loaner M type, but it's already out for sampling. If you're patient these can sometimes be found for only $25 or so. Probably the best of all injector worlds, at least for me. The L type would be my choice if not for the M.

Martin

I'll keep an eye out for a fair priced M. Maybe I'll end up becoming a vintage blade aficionado, like yourself! The ones Erwin sent are the Schick Platinums made in Holland. I'm not sure how old, I'd guess no earlier than 70s or 80s. I'll get me some modern ones and make a comparison.

All the best, Alex

Back
Top Bottom