Injector blades?

Has anyone tried Personna 74 injector blades? I have some unopen and I'm thinking about trying them. I've used them in DE and got over 80 shaves with them. So far I like the twin blades from Japan in injectors. I get at least 40 shaves on them.

Has anyone tried Personna 74 injector blades? I have some unopen and I'm thinking about trying them. I've used them in DE and got over 80 shaves with them. So far I like the twin blades from Japan in injectors. I get at least 40 shaves on them.

Yes, I have some and have used one before. Lots of mythology surrounds the 74. Lots.

I came very close to owning some once but @riverrun snapped them from my grasp at the last minute on eBay.

I still lay awake at night wondering what could have been...

I get 20-25 shaves from Personna 74 injector blades.
You may get 80, because I don't get anywhere near 40 from Japanese Twins. More like 10.
I do four pass shaves though
Yes, I have some and have used one before. Lots of mythology surrounds the 74. Lots.
They were excellent blades.
Legend has it that they stopped making them because they lasted too long.
Most you find on eBay are overpriced. £3 per single blade is the most I ever paid, but I have seen them for more.
But bargains can be had. See below.
I came very close to owning some once but @riverrun snapped them from my grasp at the last minute on eBay.

I still lay awake at night wondering what could have been...
You were bidding well under a pound per blade if I remember correctly.
What was I supposed to do?
:D

And thank you to a very kind TSR enabler I have a few B20's on their way for trialling

Have you used it with the Personnas that came with it? :unsure:

If I had to do this all over again I'd only use an injector as the format is just quite simply a better "mousetrap" for an idiot proof 1st class shave. They scythe through multi day beards that leave a DE gasping for air. Just sayin'... :whistle:

I used the Parker Adj. today with a new Personna/Ted Pella blade that came in the order and had a wonderful shave on a three day beard. I would be hard pressed to tell any difference between it & a "Chick" blade to be frank. It's a testament to Fifth Avenue advertising that Gillette survived years ago as the injector is just simply better & more intuitive to use.

Back
Top Bottom