Injector blades?

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
Wonderfully the Parker injector arrived this morning c/w a pack of the blades I presume the razor first came with. I shall of course give them a whirl and see how it all goes.

However being ignorant to this injector malarkey are there any blades anyone can recommend come the day when they run out? Say around 2035

Thanks in advance chaps

Schick Proline B-20s are excellent blades (basically a smaller version of the P-20/30) or there's the Personna injector blades. I know you like your blades sharp so the Personnas may not be your thing. Both available from Connaught:

Hi Chris,
Looks like you have strayed into another minefield, as quite a few good Vintage Injectors around which might tempt you.
I have heard that the Parker takes a Twin Blade which have now become very pricey.
Mike

It was quite an intentional stray. Just consider myself lucky to have gotten my hands on the new Parker as it was on my list and now in the cabinet.

I have heard the mention of the twin blade but not quite sure what they are. You mean as in a Gillette GII or a shaving edge on each side?

...Alternatively our mate in Texas could get loads for us and send them on to his British shaving brethren ;)

He's on break:

GYD5xbB.gif

It was quite an intentional stray. Just consider myself lucky to have gotten my hands on the new Parker as it was on my list and now in the cabinet.

I have heard the mention of the twin blade but not quite sure what they are. You mean as in a Gillette GII or a shaving edge on each side?
No they are Schick Injector Blades , manufactured with Twin cutting edge, you should find info under Se/ blades section.

GII are cartridges with two blades with a gap.
Schick Twin blades are basically two individual injector blades glued on top of each other with no gap - the top one set back slightly.
All the advantages of dual blades without the extra clogging.
As good as they are, I don't feel current prices are justified.
You might get very lucky finding vintage blades (they were sold in magazines of 2 or 4 - keep that in mind - they can be expensive).
I won't be bidding against you... I have plenty... for now...

Having used all new production ones (and most "Golden Age" ones as well) the best modern one IMO is the Schick Proline B-20, BUT, their extra cost and difficulty getting shipped into the USA from Asia is not enough to warrant purchasing over the common & readily available "Chick" blades here. Finally, they are not light years ahead of the "Chick" in performance. It's a small increment at best if that. Hell, they may be made in the same Chinese factory for all we know!!

I'll hazard a guess that the blades that came with your Parker are the Personna blades (aka Ted Pella in the US).

Indeed they are. I like Schick better, but in certain injectors the Personna do shine. Our only concern is that after a shave or two that the OP will look askance at his bevy of DE stuff and the thought will cross his mind "Perhaps I should sell all of that now".

Just sayin'.......... :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom