In which order? A/S, Post shave cream, moisturiser.

Just a little question of which order you apply the said products to your face after shaving?
Is there any particular order in which it should be applied for any reason?
After shaving I pat dry my face with a clean towel, wait for a couple of minutes while cleaning the sink area and then on with the aftershave, a few minutes later on with the post shave cream and then after about another 5 minutes I apply my macca root moituriser.
This is pretty much the order I have been doing it for the last couple of months and it seems to work well for me, am I doing it right?
So, how do you go about it?

Cheers.

If you want to get the full benefit of using an aftershave I'd say use it before any balm or moisturiser.

Nothing to stop you cutting the balm with an after shave to increase potency though, there's no right or wrong whatever works for you.

Shave
Cold Water Rinse (I have scrapped the warm water rinse)
Pat face with towel
Apply Aftershave splash OR Balm, never both

That's what I do

Ian

this order for me

cold\warm rinse (seasonally dependant :roll: )
alum (if used)
-wait- (i don't rinse it off)
splash

or if i'm using a ASB it's just rinse then balm

1) Lukewarm water rinse with dash of malt vinegar added.
2) Pat moist dry.
3) Alum Block.
4) Trumper's Skin Food.

But, what works for you is probabaly best for you.

JohnnyO.

There seems to be a fair few differences in the order, good to see im not doing it wrong, i will try some methods that have been mentioned here.
On a different note, My Ogallala Bay rum with Cedar and sage soap arrived yesterday :) It said on the box:
"This soap will fit any size mug, melt in microwave and pour into mug, cool."
I havnt done this yet but today my order came from Connaught, included in the order was a MWF soap, in my excitment to fit it in one of my many mugs I thought I would give it the microwave trick.......dosnt really work :oops:
I checked it every 10 seconds, after 20 seconds the centre started getting hot, after 30 seconds I could hear a little bubbling noise...turned the soap upside down and it had started to melt it but not how I would expect.
I quickly realised this wasnt a good move and stopped, it did make the soap soft enough to mould to the size of the mug but I wont be doing this again.
A teaspoon size was left in the bottom of the mug after I took the main block out, I microwaved this and it ballooned to the size of the mug :p the kitchen smelt lovely.
My advice is not to put MWF in the microwave.

RedNeckRash said:
There seems to be a fair few differences in the order, good to see im not doing it wrong, i will try some methods that have been mentioned here.
On a different note, My Ogallala Bay rum with Cedar and sage soap arrived yesterday :) It said on the box:
"This soap will fit any size mug, melt in microwave and pour into mug, cool."
I havnt done this yet but today my order came from Connaught, included in the order was a MWF soap, in my excitment to fit it in one of my many mugs I thought I would give it the microwave trick.......dosnt really work :oops:
I checked it every 10 seconds, after 20 seconds the centre started getting hot, after 30 seconds I could hear a little bubbling noise...turned the soap upside down and it had started to melt it but not how I would expect.
I quickly realised this wasnt a good move and stopped, it did make the soap soft enough to mould to the size of the mug but I wont be doing this again.
A teaspoon size was left in the bottom of the mug after I took the main block out, I microwaved this and it ballooned to the size of the mug :p the kitchen smelt lovely.
My advice is not to put MWF in the microwave.

MWF in a microwave? oh dear oh dear!!! I believe that the only soaps that bear a warming up are glycerine based ones, not lanolin or tallow.

anyway as for the order thing: alum, cold rinse, ASB & AS. Will look at throwing in some Thayers soon - as i bought a couple of bottles yonks ago :roll:

Shave
Warm rinse
alum -wait a bit
cold rinse -colder the better
lash on the after shave -strong alcohol = better

I used to use cream ,moisturiser etc; but I found that they were'nt needed (based on advice from Antdad ,cheers ) and that the strong aftershave sorts most problems . I've remarked before that my Dad gave me similar advice when I was starting out ,that the aftershave would sort out the problems , shultons old spice it was . Why did I ever start using goo and cartidges/disposables ? :roll:

Shave
Warm rinse
Warm face flannel to remove all lather residue
Cold rinse
AS
Moisturiser.

Found the flannel really helps, it was the old shaving book (that someone has provided a link from )that I got that from. It says that a major source of irritation is soap residue. Certainly made a big difference to me.

Back
Top Bottom