Importing goods from the EU. What's the latest?

...except you're comparing the brewing process which for a large brewery will be completely automated, controlled and analysed to the nth degree to a traditional shaving process which has man made variables at every turn. So, did you nearly spit the beer out because you found out it where it was made or because it didn't taste the way you thought it would?

...except you're comparing the brewing process which for a large brewery will be completely automated, controlled and analysed to the nth degree to a traditional shaving process which has man made variables at every turn. So, did you nearly spit the beer out because you found out it where it was made or because it didn't taste the way you thought it would?
Except that the water will be different from place to place, and probably the yeast, as at least some of it will be in the local atmosphere. I assume that extra chemicals or additions will be used to try and replicate the original taste which, personally, puts me off.

Except that the water will be different from place to place, and probably the yeast, as at least some of it will be in the local atmosphere. I assume that extra chemicals or additions will be used to try and replicate the original taste which, personally, puts me off.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Plus, the "spitting my drink out" was a figurative in relation to paying seven quid for effectively half a pint of lager brewed in Faversham rather than being brewed and bottled at source in Osaka with authentic ingredients and shipped to the UK - which would go some way to justifying the exorbitant price. And it's not just imported beer. For example, order a pint of Sharp's Doom Bar in a pub - it's comes out of a keg brewed at Rock, in Cornwall. However the bottled version is produced with the same ingredients in Burton upon Trent by Molson Coors (who also own the brewery in Rock.) There's no comparison between the two versions of what is ostensibly the same product.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Plus, the "spitting my drink out" was a figurative in relation to paying seven quid for effectively half a pint of lager brewed in Faversham rather than being brewed and bottled at source in Osaka with authentic ingredients and shipped to the UK - which would go some way to justifying the exorbitant price. And it's not just imported beer. For example, order a pint of Sharp's Doom Bar in a pub - it's comes out of a keg brewed at Rock, in Cornwall. However the bottled version is produced with the same ingredients in Burton upon Trent by Molson Coors (who also own the brewery in Rock.) There's no comparison between the two versions of what is ostensibly the same product.
Doom is an awesome beer. Quite common to find it on tap in this neck of the woods.

Doom is an awesome beer. Quite common to find it on tap in this neck of the woods.
I was supposed to be on holiday with the family down in Cornwall for Bank Holiday week (postponed from last April!) Sadly it's been pulled again, so I've cut my losses and applied for a refund rather than kick it down the road again.
Pre-Covid I was down Devon & Cornwall every other month visiting customers, and I cannot wait to return to something close to normality and be able to get out there once more :love:

Well here's hoping your imported beer doesn't arrive as flat as my joke. What do you import btw?
In the main I import kegs for the Blade machine, my favourite is Affligem Blond a Belgian beer. I also have a Philips Perfectdraft machine which takes kegs from Beerhawk here in the UK. My favourites on that are Diekirch Grand Cru, a luxembourg beer and Leffe Amber from Belgium.

Big variable in the water obviously - but just how much difference it makes to the taste I wouldn’t know.

Been trying to order from Gifts & Care, order form won’t accept a U.K. post code and U.K. not an option in countries listing, emailed but no reply as yet, used them before pre Brexit

Right, so I could order £60 - £80 worth of knots from AP Shave Co and it’ll just breeze through and Thieves & Excise be like big yawn and not even notice or give a flying fart? If so, bring it on!

Knowing my luck, my order would confiscated and burnt just cos it’s me…

Back
Top Bottom