Imperial leather soap

Won this on ebay thinking it was yardley, anyway is imperial leather any good?

It's totally unused and has a good scent, kind of like sandalwood.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320712520744&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

For no good reason, I picked up a few bars of this at Lymington market several months ago. I just happen to be using it right now. It lathers a lot more than the "Simple" soap we normally use. Quite pleasant, a golden oldie?

I was only aware that Imperial Leather made a shave stick at some time in the distant past. Any signs of the ingredients on the package?

Afraid not, says cussons on the bottom, with classic stamped into the soap.

And has 'IL' embossed on the lid.

Give us five minutes and i'll tell you how it goes, won't be using the 2011 muhle r41 with an unknown to me soap, that's asking for problems.

Im tempted to use my gillette guard, cba with the hassle of a de shave today, so would rather get it over and done with.

Brb

Fido said:
For no good reason, I picked up a few bars of this at Lymington market several months ago. I just happen to be using it right now. It lathers a lot more than the "Simple" soap we normally use. Quite pleasant, a golden oldie?

I think you mean Imperial Leather bath soap? Many moons ago they also made a shave soap.

huxley said:
... is imperial leather any good? ... has a good scent, kind of like sandalwood.

MY current imperial leather hand soap has a similar smell to GFT sandalwood skin food. Shame they (imperial leather) don't do a shave cream/soap now, it's a great smell. Wonder if yours is the same.

NatJag said:
huxley said:
... is imperial leather any good? ... has a good scent, kind of like sandalwood.

MY current imperial leather hand soap has a similar smell to GFT sandalwood skin food. Shame they don't do a shave cream/soap now, it's a great smell. Wonder if yours is the same.

Try the GFT Spanish Leather, they make cologne, aftershave and bath soap etc. but no shave soap or cream. We need to petition them.

Pete said:
Fido said:

I think you mean Imperial Leather bath soap? Many moons ago they also made a shave soap.

Correct! Never thought it might be shaving soap.

Well guys you're not missing much.

It smells very nice, but when it comes to lathering, it's very similar to williams.

Reasonable lather, but it goes thin after a while, i think i'll relegate it for bathing duties.

Back
Top Bottom